Dickerson is on the trading block

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E7C70706456757C71747B7C1D0 wrote: I actually do like all of our current outfielders for different reasons, and I DO wish they could all play using the new NH rules of baseball.  ;) 

As it is, as long as they think he's healthy, I don't know what two or three more weeks of playing will do to raise Dickerson's trade value (he has a pretty long track record). 

So in that regard I wouldn't be shocked (surprised but not shocked) if the move was sooner than later.  I mean we do have a definite surplus in one part of team and a clear deficit in another (to put it politely). 
Dickerson's track record is impressive. What needs to be done now is to demonstrate he has recovered from his injury and can play regularly. That's what I meant by showcasing him. Teams have to be assured that he is not damaged goods and that he can sustain the high level of play that is expected of him.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

In a perfect world I would like to see the Bucs resign both Dickerson and Cabrera. Marte is our best defensive outfielder (barely over Dickerson) and he is the only speed threat in the lineup. My choice to get a quality pitcher is to trade Polanco.

Because he is locked up to a team friendly contract he should reap a solid return. I would go with Dickerson, Marte, and Reynolds in the OF with Cabrera getting 3-4 starts per week.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

5E7B78786D467B737166140 wrote: In a perfect world I would like to see the Bucs resign both Dickerson and Cabrera. Marte is our best defensive outfielder (barely over Dickerson) and he is the only speed threat in the lineup. My choice to get a quality pitcher is to trade Polanco.

Because he is locked up to a team friendly contract he should reap a solid return. I would go with Dickerson, Marte, and Reynolds in the OF with Cabrera getting 3-4 starts per week.
That would also be my 1st choice, but I don't think it would happen. I would like to keep Dickerson beyond this season. An OF of Dickerson, Marte, and Reynolds sounds pretty good to me.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7C595A5A4F6459515344360 wrote: In a perfect world I would like to see the Bucs resign both Dickerson and Cabrera. Marte is our best defensive outfielder (barely over Dickerson) and he is the only speed threat in the lineup. My choice to get a quality pitcher is to trade Polanco.

Polanco is an all-airport looking type of cat. He looks good until he is on the field. He certainly looks the part of a player, but you see him - he is an enigma who really hasn't reached what he should. Not sure you get a quality pitcher in return. Hell, I'd take a Brad Peacock type for him.

I'd keep Dickerson, but this is the Pirates. They won't resign him even if he gave them the "hometown discount" for saving him out of Tampa. Then again ...
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

3323221503030F600 wrote: In a perfect world I would like to see the Bucs resign both Dickerson and Cabrera. Marte is our best defensive outfielder (barely over Dickerson) and he is the only speed threat in the lineup. My choice to get a quality pitcher is to trade Polanco.

Polanco is an all-airport looking type of cat.  He looks good until he is on the field.  He certainly looks the part of a player, but you see him - he is an enigma who really hasn't reached what he should.  Not sure you get a quality pitcher in return.  Hell, I'd take a Brad Peacock type for him.

I'd keep Dickerson, but this is the Pirates.  They won't resign him even if he gave them the "hometown discount" for saving him out of Tampa.  Then again ...
The more I see Dickerson, I too would be happy if they extended him. He is a gold glove fielder, he’s a good hitter, and he has hit for power. An outfield of Dickerson, Marte and Reynolds would be a strong defensive group. The way the Pirates operate, I am going to assume that if Dickerson is not traded before July 31st, he will become a free agent this offseason, and sign elsewhere.