Pirates vs Astros 6/26

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirates vs Astros 6/26

Post by Bobster21 »

45475D5B4D280 wrote: And that's clear if he's looking at the number of teams ahead. If he looks at games out, right now they are four games out of a wild card spot and that's close enough I could see him being undecided, especially if they hang around that area.
Yes but the number of teams they're chasing is very significant because if they're already ahead and they don't get cold, the Pirates have to become red hot and stay that way. The thing is, what would they add? Obviously a couple reliable BP arms and probably a starter. The problem is that the entire starting rotation is inconsistent. So even adding a starter wouldn't fix the inconsistency of the others. And we saw the folly of trading Meadows, Glasnow and Baz for Archer when it was obvious last year that they needed more than Archer. Can't afford to give away any more top prospects unless the acquisitions will put them over the top. I hope NH doesn't make a move just to appease the fans.
UtahPirate

Pirates vs Astros 6/26

Post by UtahPirate »

Thought I'd throw in some praise for the new hitting coaches after a 14-2 win. It seems like things are on a definite uptick offensively. And whatever wonders they've done with how our PHs approach their ABs, it's obviously working its magic. This is a pretty fun team to watch right now.

Add me to the sign Dickerson club. He battles so hard and is just pesky all the time he is on the field. That "cricket" double he hit last night just showed what an exciting player he is to watch. I was amazed. He never hesitated out of the box and seemed to instinctively know he could get to second base.
UtahPirate

Pirates vs Astros 6/26

Post by UtahPirate »

0021343D053C27342130550 wrote:

Add me to the sign Dickerson club. He battles so hard and is just pesky all the time he is on the field. That "cricket" double he hit last night just showed what an exciting player he is to watch. I was amazed. He never hesitated out of the box and seemed to instinctively know he could get to second base.

Looks like he's done it before! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maWn3AQ_Ulk