Pirates vs Cubbies - 7/2 - Gagme Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Cubs might complete this game using only 4 pitchers. Here's hoping the Bucs do some more damage in the 8th.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

71564743465B64504746465B220 wrote: Man this offense is good now. I don’t know how long this can continue but there are just no weaknesses in this lineup right now. I think this offense is set right now and I would definitely start shopping a guy like Polanco around to try and get some more pitching. And please somebody tell this cheap miserable excuse for an owner to go out and spend the money that you have which is a bunch of it and invest it on the field and go sign a couple of good free agent starting pitchers. It’s the only thing I believe this team is currently missing from being a serious contender in the National League.
Maybe?  Would you make a big move or would you roll with what you got?  I don't know if cheapness has much to do with it because any trade would make a marginal difference in payroll.

edit: I mean for this year not the future. For next year definitely sign a SP.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Welp, so much for the shutout. Real downside of this is Vazquez might not be available tomorrow. He’s already at 26 pitches and needs at least one more.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Excellent game. Only downer was needing thirty pitches from Vazquez in the ninth.

Frazier is just tearing the cover off the ball this series.

Has anyone heard any type of update on Taillon or Kela? It would b nice to get both of them back. But something tells me we won’t see either the rest of this year.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

030B083F290C2B244A0 wrote: Excellent game. Only downer was needing thirty pitches from Vazquez in the ninth.

Frazier is just tearing the cover off the ball this series.

Has anyone heard any type of update on Taillon or Kela? It would b nice to get both of them back. But something tells me we won’t see either the rest of this year.
I'm guessing Taillon is gone for the year, Kela maybe.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

ICYMI, the Dodgers were down last night 4-3 with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. The D-Backs then issued FIVE straight walks, giving the Dodgers a 5-4 victory.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates have now won 11 of 16 since the Marlins series and are just 4 games out of 1st place and 3 games out of a wildcard spot. I believe the Pirates were something like 8 or 9 games out of both the division and the wildcard then so needless to say they have picked up a bunch of games in the standings as well.

I mentioned back at the start of the Marlins series that if things were gonna turn around for the Pirates and they were to have any chance to climb back in the race it had to start that series with the Marlins. And so far the last 3 weeks or so the Pirates have responded and responded big time as they are right in the thick of this division and wildcard race.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice job by Holmes last night. 2 perfect innings with 4 Ks. That's 3 consecutive solid outings for him. Of course it shouldn't be so odd to get thru a 1 or 2 inning stint without be scored upon but he usually does poorly. I hope he's starting to figure things out.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Did anyone catch my typo in the thread title? Considering the game result it is hilarious.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

14353D143F37500 wrote: Did anyone catch my typo in the thread title?  Considering the game result it is hilarious.
Didn't notice. ;D ;D ;D