Pirates vs Brewers - 7/7 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Osushawn

Pirates vs Brewers - 7/7 - Game Thread

Post by Osushawn »

1F38292D28350A3E292828354C0 wrote: The Pirates are now 14-7 since June 14th and are currently 8-5 as CB said in this stretch of 26 straight games against the Astros,Brewers,Cubs,Cardinals and Phillies. I wanted the Pirates to go something like 16-10 or 15-11 in this stretch so all they have to do to make that possible is go 7-6 or 8-5 in the last 13 games of this stretch which is now very possible. 7-6 would put them at 51-51 and 8-5 would put them at 52-50 with exactly 60 games remaining.

I don’t like that I heard Hurdle say yesterday they are opening the 2nd half Friday in Chicago with Archer on the mound. I would rather have Musgrove or Williams or even Lyles or Agrazal start Friday over Archer. Maybe Archer will surprise us and throw a 3 hit shut out but I highly doubt it. Archer pitching at Wrigley Field during the day has home run derby written all over it. The Pirates MUST have Archer step up and be a quality pitcher if they are to have any chance at all to stay in contention in the 2nd half. Archer being satisfied pitching 5 innings like he does so many times is simply unacceptable moving forward. He has to do better period.

If they were 5 shut out innings, i wouldn't mind.