Pirates @ Cubs - 7/12 - Smash Mouth Madden Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Top of 6th. Buccos with two on and two outs. Marte with a huge opportunity.

Darvish up to mid 90 pitch count.
BenM

Post by BenM »

It's funny. All of the chatter on the fan was how bad and disappointing Darvish and Archer have been. (Which is true.)

So they go head to head and we get a great pitchers battle.

It's also nice that Archer has been relatively efficient today. Is this the first time he's made it to the seventh this season?
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Please remind me again why we want to dump Marte to the first team that will take him?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

[MOVE]MARTAY PARTAY!  MARTAY PARTAY!   MARTAY PARTAY!  MARTAY PARTAY![/move]
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

So disappointing to have the Bucs make another great comeback only to have the bullpen ( Crick) give it right back
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Crick has been struggling lately. I kind of wonder if he has some type of injury, but he is trying to pitch through it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Didn’t like the final play of the game. They called Newman safe and I didn’t see any conclusive evidence to overturn that call to make me believe that he was out. Disappointing though to battle back then have Crick walk 2 guys and have it come back to costs the Pirates the game. Good start by Archer though he pitched very well. Hopefully the Pirates can find a way to win the next two games and win the series both Saturday and Sunday.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6F67645345604748260 wrote: Please remind me again why we want to dump Marte to the first team that will take him?

Well that would be me. I may be all alone. But why would I trade Marte (and with great joy)?

But I’m in the middle of something so I’ll have to come back to this later tonight. But trade Marte!
notes34

Post by notes34 »

4740565E5047000C755258545C591B565A58350 wrote: Please remind me again why we want to dump Marte to the first team that will take him?

Well that would be me.  I may be all alone. But why would I trade Marte (and with great joy)?

But I’m in the middle of something so I’ll have to come back to this later tonight.  But trade Marte!

I would rather trade Polanco and keep Dickerson. If Marte can bring a nice haul I wouldn't be opposed. I still think he underachieves regularly but he is still a pretty darn good player. He possesses physical tools other players just don't have.