Pirates @ Cards - 7/16 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nice win tonight for the Pirates in a game they almost had to win. It now sets up another huge game tomorrow with Archer on the mound with a chance to win this series before coming home this weekend and playing 3 games against the Phillies who are currently leading the 2nd wildcard. So this was a huge game to win tomorrow’s game now becomes just as important now. Nice game from Agrazal tonight man has he been good in the games he has pitched in. Need another solid start much like last week out of Archer tomorrow. This Cards lineup is very banged up now so there is no reason he shouldn’t pitch another solid game tomorrow.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Good win...totally needed it. But man is it painful watching Josh throw the ball to 2nd base. Thank goodness he is a beast at the dish.

Let's go for the series win tomorrow afternoon.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

I would keep Agrazal in the rotation and let him go ...
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

One thing I'll say for the Pirates despite this pathetic start coming out of the A-S Break.

They are in the middle of a brutal 26-game stretch.

I honestly thought they might go something like 8-18.

But somehow they are currently 9-9. Still just 3.5 games out of the WC.

If they could somehow survived this at 13-13 and stay less than 5 games out of the WC, then they will still be within striking distance.

Desperately need to win tomorrow and then take 2 of 3 from Philly.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I was hoping for something like 14-12 or even 15-11 at the end of this 26 game stretch which is still somewhat doable especially if they win tomorrow. If they can win tomorrow and go 4-3 in the 7 games they have with Philly and the Cards here at home that would put them at 14-12 and 50-52 overall with 9 straight games after this against the Mets and the Reds to close out July and head into August. So needless to say need to win this game with Archer on the mound in St Louis tomorrow it’s another one of those very important games the Pirates are facing this season if there is such a thing with this team anymore.