Troy Tulowitski...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by mouse »

Jordy Mercer signed with the Tigers. $5.25MM plus small incentives.
fjk090852-7

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think the Bucs should bring In Tulowitski for a physical, and if he is healthy they should sign him for the minimum and give him a shot at spring training. If he is healthy what is there to lose, he could keep the seat warm until Tucker is ready to join the Bucs.
DemDog

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by DemDog »

6D61603B323B333E39263C0B0 wrote: I think the Bucs should bring In Tulowitski for a physical, and if he is healthy they should sign him for the minimum and give him a shot at spring training. If he is healthy what is there to lose, he could keep the seat warm until Tucker is ready to join the Bucs.

You are assuming that Tulo wants to give it a try with the Bucs. Don't think he wants to come here. I think that if he is able to play he wants to be the starter and not a caddie and mentor to the Bucs SS. He can just sit around and collect his paycheck from the Jays and if he gets over his heel problems then go out and play for a more competitive team and maybe earn another contract.
mouse

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by mouse »

If they do want to give Newman a chance, I still like the idea of Hecheverria (which I happen to be able to spell -- thank you, Possum!) as a backup/mentor.
DemDog

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by DemDog »

4E4C565046230 wrote: If they do want to give Newman a chance, I still like the idea of Hecheverria (which I happen to be able to spell -- thank you, Possum!) as a backup/mentor.

You are welcome mouse. To be old and the grandpa of at least one poster here I need the help with spelling Hecheverria at times as well. And I do believe he could be the guy we need to bring in to mentor Newman and he can fill in other places in the infield in a pinch.
Ecbucs

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by Ecbucs »

4A6B634A61690E0 wrote: If they do want to give Newman a chance, I still like the idea of Hecheverria (which I happen to be able to spell -- thank you, Possum!) as a backup/mentor.

You are welcome mouse.  To be old and the grandpa of at least one poster here I need the help with spelling Hecheverria at times as well.  And I do believe he could be the guy we need to bring in to mentor Newman and he can fill in other places in the infield in a pinch.

I don't think the Pirates can afford to have Hecheverria, Gonzalez and Newman on the team at the same time. That would make 3 very weak bats out of 25. If Hecheverria is signed then Newman will be in the minors.
BucsFaninGA

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I'm good with Hecheverria as well 8-) English grammar was never my strong suite.
Roberto218

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by Roberto218 »

Newman is not the answer. If Tulo and Hurdle got along, then we have a chance. Tucker needs a year or two at Indy. Seems like a good fit.
SammyKhalifa

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

615C515641475C01020B330 wrote: Newman is not the answer. If Tulo and Hurdle got along, then we have a chance. Tucker needs a year or two at Indy. Seems like a  good fit.
but he's probably washed up. Unfortunately. If people thought he had something left then the Blue Jays probably would not have dropped him for nothing.

Which is a shame, 'cos Colorado Stats or not he was looking like he was going to become one of the best ever.
Roberto218

Troy Tulowitski...

Post by Roberto218 »

Tulo can be signed for the league minimum. You never know. He could easily produce 3 war if he's healthy!