Pirates vs Mets 7/27

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

gileszee

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by gileszee »

Guess the whole team have forgotten that they are major leaguers since the AS break.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4F6863400D0 wrote: 99 pitches for Matz.

I'm not a fire that guy kind of fan. I don't know enough about the sport or the behind the scenes action. But how long can this slump go on without someone being held responsible? As long as we have this abomination of an owner running the team minimal changes will be made. He will not fire Neal and Clint and be forced to pay two guys that no longer work for him. I’m with you though at some point things have to change here if this losing streak prolongs in the next week or so. I’ll keep saying this team needs a fresh new manager and coaching staff overall and a new GM going into next season. You haven’t made the playoffs now in 4 years you have regressed the last year or so in all areas it’s time for a change in both of these areas.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Mets 7/27

Post by Bobster21 »

624554505548774354555548310 wrote: 99 pitches for Matz.

I'm not a fire that guy kind of fan. I don't know enough about the sport or the behind the scenes action. But how long can this slump go on without someone being held responsible? As long as we have this abomination of an owner running the team minimal changes will be made. He will not fire Neal and Clint and be forced to pay two guys that no longer work for him. I’m with you though at some point things have to change here if this losing streak prolongs in the next week or so. I’ll keep saying this team needs a fresh new manager and coaching staff overall and a new GM going into next season. You haven’t made the playoffs now in 4 years you have regressed the last year or so in all areas it’s time for a change in both of these areas.

Nutting's objective is to turn a profit. A new mgr and GM, though likely more able than Hurdle and NH, would still run a team that suffered from an owner unwilling to cut into his profits to make the necessary financial commitment to compete. (And even tho a better team would generate more revenue, it would remain to be seen if the increased revenue would offset the additional expenses. As it is, there is no reason for Nutting to take that risk.) So a better mgr and GM would only highlight the fact that Nutting is the primary problem. So since he's not in it to win it, there is no incentive for Nutting to make such a change. The only incentive for Nutting to do so is if his profits dwindle. Then he has no choice but to make a change to increase fan interest which increases profits, even at the risk pf exposing himself as the primary problem. As long as Nutting is making money, that's the only "winning" that he's interested in.