Suspensions

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Suspensions

Post by Ecbucs »

182A26263200232A27222D2A4B0 wrote: Why was Hurdle suspended?

for not fighting back.

I'm guessing for not controlling his team. 

I don't see why Kela got the most games since he didn't hit anyone and as far as I'm concerned his pitch wasn't even that difficult for batter to avoid.  Garrett should have gotten longest suspension (if not Bell).
I am out and about so I can't dig up the quote, but he blatantly said after the game that he threw at the guy, and he did it because he did it because he wasn't around to do it last time.  Well deserved imo

he did not say he threw at the guy, he said if he was throwing at a batter he would hit him. he admitted he threw up and in which we know the Reds never do or at least since Chapman hit Cutch.
MaineBucs

Suspensions

Post by MaineBucs »

Losing 2 relievers for 3 days (Crick) and 10 days (Kela) is not good news. Looks like a couple of more helpings of Hatleib are on the horizon.

Also disappointed to see Osuna out for 5 games.

Geez, why not Cervelli and Kang, even though neither was involved in the fracas.
SCBucco

Suspensions

Post by SCBucco »

516F60606A6364676A6A4E637469060 wrote:

I am out and about so I can't dig up the quote, but he blatantly said after the game that he threw at the guy, and he did it because he did it because he wasn't around to do it last time.  Well deserved imo

Kela sure seems to be a lot of trouble for what he's been worth.  Maybe they can trade him to the Raiders.

Agree on Kela. Thinking Garrett could be the Red version of Vontez Burfict. Surprised Kela got more games then Garrett.
SCBucco

Suspensions

Post by SCBucco »

1B373F383314233525560 wrote: Losing 2 relievers for 3 days (Crick) and 10 days (Kela) is not good news.  Looks like a couple of more helpings of Hatleib are on the horizon.

Also disappointed to see Osuna out for 5 games. 

Geez, why not Cervelli and Kang, even though neither was involved in the fracas. 

We will get a better draft pick over this. I'm sure Nevergetsanout will be recalled. Pirates needed a Ryan Reeves type in that.
Ecbucs

Suspensions

Post by Ecbucs »

the Pirates need to compile a video of every time a Reds pitcher throws up and in to play back next time David Bell says something.
INbuc

Suspensions

Post by INbuc »

The Pirates should hire Ryan Shazier as manager. The next the time Cincinnati's Bell wants to fight the the Buc's skipper...good luck.
mouse

Suspensions

Post by mouse »

On Pardon the Interruption tonight, Michael Wilbon (noted Cubs fan) went on at length about the "thug" Pirates and in particular, the "thug" Hurdle, saying this conduct had been going on all season long. There was no suggestion the Reds had done anything improper.
WiffleballHero

Suspensions

Post by WiffleballHero »

4C4E545244210 wrote: On Pardon the Interruption tonight, Michael Wilbon (noted Cubs fan) went on at length about the "thug" Pirates and in particular, the "thug" Hurdle, saying this conduct had been going on all season long. There was no suggestion the Reds had done anything improper.

Media narratives aren't supposed to make sense.  Hurdle's in his 9th season as Pirates' manager, and this is now supposedly breaking news.  It didn't make sense in 2014 when Ernesto Frieri, who as a Pirate couldn't find the plate with a map and compass, broke "Goldy's" hand, and it makes even less sense now.

This is just a dog pile on a franchise that's currently circling the bowl.  I've seen mediots irritated the Pirates may have affected the World Series by not handing Vazquez over to the Dodgers. The Pirates evidently exist to play nice with the "real" MLB. People get mad when they don't stay in their "Washington Generals" lane.  This too shall pass.
rucker59@gmail.com

Suspensions

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

525A594E5858543B0 wrote: I agree that I think Kela's comments cost him some games.  I didn't think the pitch was that close but his comments made it worse.  He and Garrett should have had the same amount and Bell should have had the most.  He is a manager, who came back out to the field and had to be restrained from going after an old man who moves like he is an older man. 

Agreed completely about Bell. The guy was already ejected from the game. He runs out from the clubhouse and is absolutely nuts going after Hurdle. Bell should have responsibility to restrain his team. He had them looking for blood.
fjk090852-7

Suspensions

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think both Garrett and Bell should have gotten 10 game suspensions. Garrett for running to the Bucs dugout to start the brawl, and Bell for returning to the field after an ejection. I think Puig should have received more days because he rekindled the problem with his antics. I bet Cleveland is real pleased he has a three game suspension after a trade was agreed in principle.