Pirates vs Brewers - 8/7 The Sit Down Bell Game 2 Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

527475627464170 wrote: I wonder if Bob Nutting ever comes out to PNC? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not seen a single game.

BTW, this season is an absolute disgrace. 

do you think the Pirates are just this bad?  or are they tanking on purpose?  Tanking doesn't make sense so I think they are just this bad.

I'm getting ready to check out on the Pirate season and just follow minor league teams for the rest of August.  Doesn't look like there are even any individual Bucs to root for (no individual leaders).

This team is bad. Pitching is terrible and they did nothing in the off season to improve on it. Tanking doesn't do anything in baseball. All the other three major sports, tanking might work and see quick results. For baseball, unless you are getting Harper or Trout ... you don't yield much for two or three years. Tanking right now for the Pirates yields the sixth pick overall at best.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0D2B2A3D2B3B480 wrote: I wonder if Bob Nutting ever comes out to PNC? 

do you think the Pirates are just this bad?  or are they tanking on purpose?  Tanking doesn't make sense so I think they are just this bad.

I'm getting ready to check out on the Pirate season and just follow minor league teams for the rest of August.  Doesn't look like there are even any individual Bucs to root for (no individual leaders).

I think the players feel embarrassed to be part of such an unprofessional organization. I don’t think they are tanking, I think they are just “dying”.

Here’s all anyone needs to know about this organization: zero accountability among the executives. Zero. That means winning is not a requirement on there job description. No one in the organization is trying to win a championship except by pure luck.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4B4C5A525C4B0C00795E54585055175A5654390 wrote: I wonder if Bob Nutting ever comes out to PNC? 

I think the players feel embarrassed to be part of such an unprofessional organization.  I don’t think they are tanking, I think they are just “dying”.

Here’s all anyone needs to know about this organization: zero accountability among the executives.  Zero.  That means winning is not a requirement on there job description. No one in the organization is trying to win a championship except by pure luck.

Nobody thinks so, but I expect some heads to roll. Yes , I know both Hurdle and Huntington are under contract for 2 more years, but I for one won’t be surprised if one or both are fired.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The worst part about this season is the painful reality that NEXT season is going to be even worse ... an abomination.

We have NO PITCHING. None.

And we sure aren't going to go out and sign anybody who's any good.

We'll go into the season with a bunch of No. 5 caliber starters and NH will spend the offseason raving about the "depth" of our starting pitching and our "internal options."

Honestly I can't take another year of it ...
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1133203D3E3B3C33102731313D520 wrote: The worst part about this season is the painful reality that NEXT season is going to be even worse ... an abomination.

We'll go into the season with a bunch of No. 5 caliber starters and NH will spend the offseason raving about the "depth" of our starting pitching and our "internal options."

this sounds right. we know the defense isn't going to help the pitching staff and we know the offense isn't going to outslug anybody.

You don't win by being below average in all aspects of the game.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Reynolds having a chance to possibly win the batting title is really the only thing remotely interesting about this team right now the rest of the season. There is literally nothing else at all right now that’s how bad this team is playing.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4B47461D141D15181F001A2D0 wrote: I wonder if Bob Nutting ever comes out to PNC? 

I think the players feel embarrassed to be part of such an unprofessional organization.  I don’t think they are tanking, I think they are just “dying”.

Here’s all anyone needs to know about this organization: zero accountability among the executives.  Zero.  That means winning is not a requirement on there job description. No one in the organization is trying to win a championship except by pure luck.

Nobody thinks so, but I expect some heads to roll. Yes , I know both Hurdle and Huntington are under contract for 2 more years, but I for one won’t be surprised if one or both are fired. I agree this is reaching the point right now where somebody almost has to be fired. If this team loses 95-100 games which is definitely possible there is no way that both Huntington or Hurdle should be back.
BenM

Post by BenM »

How bad is this team?

The put in one of the best closers in the league when they were behind 8-3 because they rarely get save opportunities during this slump.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5C7A7B6C7A6A190 wrote: The worst part about this season is the painful reality that NEXT season is going to be even worse ... an abomination.

this sounds right.  we know the defense isn't going to help the pitching staff and we know the offense isn't going to outslug anybody.

Our offense isn't below average. That said, basically every other aspect is well below average.

I don't see anyone losing their jobs. How can someone lose a job if the owner looks in the mirror and is honest with himself to say I haven't really done anything to help the cause. We have NO internal options absent Keller for the starting rotation. We DON'T have too many internal options pitching wise at all that are ready. Can't use that comment for NH because those who know better won't buy it.

Next year will be worse ... Dickerson is gone already for crap probably;Lyles is gone; Cervelli will be gone (doesn't matter), but that 25 million won't be reinvested in anything worthwhile. So ... status quo.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4E5E5F687E7E721D0 wrote: The worst part about this season is the painful reality that NEXT season is going to be even worse ... an abomination.

this sounds right.  we know the defense isn't going to help the pitching staff and we know the offense isn't going to outslug anybody.

Our offense isn't below average.  That said, basically every other aspect is well below average.

I don't see anyone losing their jobs.  How can someone lose a job if the owner looks in the mirror and is honest with himself to say I haven't really done anything to help the cause.  We have NO internal options absent Keller for the starting rotation.  We DON'T have too many internal options pitching wise at all that are ready.  Can't use that comment for NH because those who know better won't buy it.

Next year will be worse ... Dickerson is gone already for crap probably;Lyles is gone;  Cervelli will be gone (doesn't matter), but that 25 million won't be reinvested in anything worthwhile.  So ... status quo.
I think the offense is average at best. 26th in homers, 19th in runs scored, 19th in ops, 6th in average, 27th in walks.