2019 Minor League Affiliates Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Hayes and tucker could be fixtures on the big league team starting this summer.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I'm hoping Moran does so well with the bat that Ke'Brian has trouble getting time up here, but I really don't see anyone blocking Tucker at Short if he hits well, but I guess Newman can always surprise us.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Craig is 2 for 2 tonight and has hit his 6th home run. Craig, Hayes, Tucker and Reynolds are 4 position players to watch this year. I think Martin will also be one to watch whenever he gets sent back to Indy. Just noticed that Tucker has 3 hits tonight.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

424740464E445D40495A5C51280 wrote: I'm hoping Moran does so well with the bat that Ke'Brian has trouble getting time up here, but I really don't see anyone blocking Tucker at Short if he hits well, but I guess Newman can always surprise us.
The one thing that Hayes has over Moran is his fielding ability. Two minor league gold gloves at third base.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

It’s fun looking at the Indy box scored every night.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

132E303D32383311392E3F39385C0 wrote: It’s fun looking at the Indy box scored every night.
It is very enjoyable looking at the Indy box score. Today it appeared they had a Sunday lineup. No Tucker or Hayes.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Yeah, also none of the rehabbing guys.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Lolo is breaking out this year in his second stint in low-A.
PMike

Post by PMike »

I'll give another plug for Will Craig. He is a lot of fun to follow in the box scores. He is the opposite of what the Pirates typically seek in drafting. They are usually looking for complete hitters and defensively sound people. Craig is a pure power hitter. His RBI totals from last year indicate that he knows how to come through with chances to drive in runs. Early in his career, he was hitting for average. Then they wanted power from him. So, now he has hit for power. I'm excited to see if he can hit for that power and add some average (or at least some walks). So far, the results are really optimistic.

If he could be a .260 hitter with 30-40 HRs, that would look awesome in the lineup.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1D002426284D0 wrote: I'll give another plug for Will Craig.  He is a lot of fun to follow in the box scores.  He is the opposite of what the Pirates typically seek in drafting.  They are usually looking for complete hitters and defensively sound people.  Craig is a pure power hitter.  His RBI totals from last year indicate that he knows how to come through with chances to drive in runs.  Early in his career, he was hitting for average.  Then they wanted power from him.  So, now he has hit for power.  I'm excited to see if he can hit for that power and add some average (or at least some walks).  So far, the results are really optimistic.

If he could be a .260 hitter with 30-40 HRs, that would look awesome in the lineup.

yes, I'm really hoping this is a break out season for him. I could see him moving to right in PNC if his bat (and Bell's) are both plusses. He is slow but has a good arm.