Pirates vs. Marlins - 9/4 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

424740464E445D40495A5C51280 wrote: I wish they would do something to get the attendance up, like giving away a child ticket or two for every adult ticket purchased.  Get the seats filled with young people.

this year they could offer all seats for a dollar and they still wouldn't sell out.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Orioles are offering a pass to attend all games in September in general admission for a one time fee of $30.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

74534246435E61554243435E270 wrote: It was 9,043 but there was no way there was that many people there. It was quite sad to see the Pirates celebrate that win in the 8th jumping up and all around and there was absolutely nobody in the stadium and no noise what so ever. Even Greg Brown Who normally gets really excited after a win like that just had no emotion behind his call because he knows the game meant nothing and nobody was there to see it.  These are the kind of things that if Bob Nutting had any kind pride or integrity about wanting to win he should be completely and totally embarrassed about.

Well I was one of the chosen few. There for both the loss on Tuesday and the fun win yesterday. $15 (which included Stubhub fees) got the wife and I seats in Section 114 row H.

Meaningless baseball by two last place teams unfortunately. But great weather and a great comeback win in America's most beautiful ballpark. I wish I had more opportunities than just two nights a year.
BenM

Post by BenM »

626760666E647D60697A7C71080 wrote: I wish they would do something to get the attendance up, like giving away a child ticket or two for every adult ticket purchased.  Get the seats filled with young people.

Or field a winning team. They know that puts people in the seats.

Yet, despite increasing revenues, they field a team with a payroll over $20 million less than their last playoff team.

If the owner won't invest in the team, why should the fans?