Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Reynolds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7C4C405B5B4641624E5C5C2F0 wrote: Reynolds has hit .300+ at every level. But we didn't hear much about him after being acquired in the Cole trade. I suspect the org had doubts about him because he was never a big HR hitter in the minors. But he's a heck of a ballplayer and has provided power with 5 HRs in 133 ABs which is a pace of about 20 for a full season. He has the look of a professional hitter. 
I actually think differently, I think Pirates knew he was developing into a really good player and they made the decision to trade Meadows and keep Reynolds as the guy to eventually take over a full time OF spot

Really Interesting analysis.
rucker59@gmail.com

Reynolds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4A7874746052717875707F78190 wrote: Reynolds has to stay.

Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, Dickerson, Melky.

Melky is the perfect bench player.  He has to stay because none of the other four should be sitting on the bench.

One of Reynolds, Marte, Polanco, or Dickerson needs to be traded.  My guess - Marte gets moved and his increase production the past month will net a decent return.  Joe Starky wrote a good article about this.

It's interesting situation. 

Reynolds--probably a good value return if traded but that shouldn't even be on the table.  I suppose sending him down is an option but I hope not

Marte--I understand and almost agree with the reasons for dealing him, like I've stated elsewhere I think we as Pirate fans underrate him, and if you move him you're counting on Reynolds and only Reynolds to man CF

Polanco--I think we'd be selling low on him as I believe he's due for a surge.  I suppose he's more replaceable though

Melky--very very movable as a veteran bench presence.  Also a good reason to keep him around though.

Dickerson--probably the guy we'd currently miss the least but also won't net anything coming right off of injury.  You can bet he'll be here at least a little while to show he can still play

Yeah, Dickerson is the most expendable. But as you said: no trade value. Marte could bring a material return.
fjk090852-7

Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since Reynolds is playing centerfield while Marte is  injured I wonder if the Pirates are considering trading Marte this offseason. I am sure Marte can cover more ground than Reynolds, but if Reynolds plays an above average centerfield,possibly a trade of Marte can bring in a return which would strengthen the team. For example when they traded Tony Pena they got Lavellire, Van Slyke, and Dunne. Dunne actually was not around when they won the 3 Consecutive Divisions, but the other two players were important for those winning teams.

mouse

Reynolds

Post by mouse »

There should be some interesting moves this off-season. To get anyone decent they will have to trade someone decent. Marte at the ML level certainly falls in that category. Bell does as well, and perhaps Frazier.