Jacob Cruz Hired By Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Jacob Cruz Hired By Brewers

Post by SCBucco »

69454D4A4166514757240 wrote: As a fan, there are times when the 'off-season' seems unbearably long (even longer when your team does not even sniff the play-offs).  In reality, the off-season has a flow and rhythm based on a known series of dates and actions that must occur (e.g. players file for free agency, setting the roster, et al) and all the steps that a team must take to be ready to compete for next year.  Sadly, Pirate ownership was not prepared to take the steps that they did and to have a new management team in place to best allow the Bucs to be ready for 2020. 

Perhaps losing a coach is not that big of a deal, but it is indicative of all of the things that they should be making happen.

GM meetings are happening --- hey, we don't have a GM.

Teams are signing players and talking about potential trades --- hey, can I get back to you in a month about your interest in Marte. 

Rosters need to be set in early December --- no problem, we've got 40 slots and can afford a mistake or two.

I love the Pirates, but I loath ownership who regularly demonstrates that they just don't get what it means to build and sustain a competitive organization.   

I am a fan.  My knowledge of the Bucs stems from a combination of having watched the team for 50+ years, watching most innings of nearly every game each year on the tube, reading articles about the Bucs (and other teams), and listening to other fans through forums such as this one.  I am also still with it enough to recognize how little I really know.  That said, when I read MLB Trade Rumors that the Padres are open to trading some of their younger talent and that their regular CF'er grossly under-produced, I would like to think that someone at the Bucs front office is considering what type of package the Bucs could obtain from the Padres for Marte.   Then again, you really shouldn't be doing such if you don't have a GM. 

When opportunities come along in baseball you need to be ready to act.  Unfortunately, Bucs management is now non-existent.  Oh well, I guess 2021 isn't really that far away.   

Couldn't have said it better ,myself.