Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Adam Frazier

Post by SammyKhalifa »

rob biertempfel
MaineBucs

Adam Frazier

Post by MaineBucs »

The only player the Pirates must move is Marte. His value is likely as high as its ever going to be and he offers little to a rebuilding team compared to the return in talent that trading him should yield.

I also favor moving Bell, but only if there is a very good return. I am not convinced that Bell can come close to replicating his 2 months of terror at the plate in the 1st half of the season last year.

I have advocated trading Frazier, but again, it must be for a reasonable return; perhaps a minor league catching prospect with some upside.

Also saw on the MLB Trade Rumors site (likely nothing more than speculation) that Archer could be a trade candidate for the Twins.

As always, the lack of any action on the part of the Pirates can be more nerve racking than any moves that are eventually made.

Still trying to wrap my arms around Gerritt Cole potentially being a $300 million dollar man.
OrlandoMerced

Adam Frazier

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Dominic Smith would be an interesting target, if the Pirates were able to trade Josh Bell in a separate deal.
DemDog

Adam Frazier

Post by DemDog »

Trade Marte, trade Frazier, trade Bell, trade whomever. All I am interested in getting back are players and prospects that will set the Bucs up for the future. Get the best players available no matter what position they play. With good prospects at several positions that makes that position a strength with depth then perhaps they can use some of the prospect depth to get a catcher to play with Stallings until they are able to develop a young catcher of their own.
SCBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SCBucco »

406667706676050 wrote: "Mets and D’backs are among big group of teams interested in Marté.

There also is significant interest in Joe Musgrove and Adam Frazier."

who said this?

I could see Musgrove getting a good return.

I have seen a tweet by Heyman I think saying teams are more interested in Frazier than Marte. This is troubling relative to what we can get back.
MaineBucs

Adam Frazier

Post by MaineBucs »

Wow!

Giants just signed Kevin Gausmen to a 1 year deal for $9 mil with another $1 in incentives.

Gausman had a 3-9 record, an ERA of 5.72 and only pitched slightly more than 100 innings.

In looking at this signing, perhaps there is a market out there for Archer.
skinnyhorse

Adam Frazier

Post by skinnyhorse »

486E6F786E7E0D0 wrote: "Mets and D’backs are among big group of teams interested in Marté.

There also is significant interest in Joe Musgrove and Adam Frazier."

who said this?

I could see Musgrove getting a good return.

Musgrove has by far the best stuff we have. His stuff reminds me of Charlie Morton. He should be off limits and we need a pitching coach who can turn him into a great pitcher.
mouse

Adam Frazier

Post by mouse »

Cole got a lot more than I expected. $36MM per year for 9 years is an astronomical amount. It makes you wonder if the Pirates are playing the same game.
fjk090852-7

Adam Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4143595F492C0 wrote: Cole got a lot more than I expected. $36MM per year for 9 years is an astronomical amount. It makes you wonder if the Pirates are playing the same game.
It is not the same game for many teams like the Pirates. It would be great if the upcoming labor agreement would even the playing field for all teams. When it came down to it , only a handful of teams could compete for Cole. Even the Astros would have had to shed payroll if they wanted to sign Cole. There is something wrong when all teams cannot compete for a player.
SammyKhalifa

Adam Frazier

Post by SammyKhalifa »

575B5A0108010904031C06310 wrote: Cole got a lot more than I expected. $36MM per year for 9 years is an astronomical amount. It makes you wonder if the Pirates are playing the same game.
It is not the same game for many teams like the Pirates. It would be great if the upcoming labor agreement would even the playing field for all teams. When it came down to it , only a handful of teams could compete for Cole. Even the Astros would have had to shed payroll if they  wanted to sign Cole. There is something wrong when all teams cannot compete for a player.
Don't worry, everything's fair--look, that one small market won once.

::)