Do Free Agents Now Want To Sign With Pittsburgh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

MLBTR report Pirates to Sign Guillermo Heredia

Sounds interesting. It is a MLB contract. He has 3 yrs of arbitration left and seems to be more than decent defensively and a ok platoon bat.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3D3F252335500 wrote: Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?

My first thought was Polanco insurance.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Ah. Hadn't thought of that.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

32000C0C182A09000D080700610 wrote: Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?

My first thought was a Polanco/Heredia platoon, but we're on a similar brain wave here. Glad to see us do SOMETHING.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

one of the few players who bats right handed and throws lefty.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

163C37073026262A450 wrote: Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?
My first thought was a Polanco/Heredia platoon, but we're on a similar brain wave here. Glad to see us do SOMETHING.

Heredia is a marginal major leaguer at best. He was non-tendered so this is essentially a dumpster dive (as was the also non-tendered Maile). He'll be a warm body in the OF. Not much more.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?

Heredia is a marginal major leaguer at best. He was non-tendered so this is essentially a dumpster dive (as was the also non-tendered Maile). He'll be a warm body in the OF. Not much more. 

Bobster, you ought to look at his splits. It'll cheer you up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F353E0E392F2F234C0 wrote: Do you think that signals a Marte trade, or are they just adding an outfielder to get that experience factor?

Bobster, you ought to look at his splits. It'll cheer you up.
Thanks, I checked that out. He's decent vs LHP and should never face a RHP. He's not even great vs LHP but he could be ok in that limited capacity. Unfortunately for him, there are many more RHPs than LHPs.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

So we designated Pablo Reyes for assignment to make room for Heredia. Not sure that this makes much sense