Yasiel Puig or Hunter Pence...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Post by shedman »

I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6176605741414D220 wrote: No thanks on either of those guys.  Maybe Domingo Santana can bring his mix of K's, dingers, and poor defense to one of the corner spots?  Pillar could work too.

I wouldn't mind Santana. Something tells me we get Billy Hamilton, a good defender who can't hit. He will fit right in with our catchers and Heredia.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6E757879707C731D0 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

I support Puig if he can be gotten for a reasonable price ($5m).
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

555D5E697F5A7D721C0 wrote: Frankly, I don't want anyone who might jeopardize getting the #1 pick in 2021. That's what the Pirates are playing for this year. If you're going to lose 90, might as well go all the way and lose 100. It doesn't matter. But the difference between picking #1 and #5 in 2021 might matter a whole lot in 2026.

It's going to be a race for #1 between us, Baltimore, Detroit and maybe Florida. We will be in the running regardless who is patrolling CF. We haven't improved anything. Hopefully the next ARod or Harper is going first overall in 2021.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

243F32333A3639570 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

A man your age shouldn't be rushing anywhere.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0919182F3939355A0 wrote: Frankly, I don't want anyone who might jeopardize getting the #1 pick in 2021. That's what the Pirates are playing for this year. If you're going to lose 90, might as well go all the way and lose 100. It doesn't matter. But the difference between picking #1 and #5 in 2021 might matter a whole lot in 2026.

It's going to be a race for #1 between us, Baltimore, Detroit and maybe Florida.  We will be in the running regardless who is patrolling CF.  We haven't improved anything.  Hopefully the next ARod or Harper is going first overall in 2021. 

This seems pretty accurate to me, and for 2022 too unless Taillon comes back strong. I know coaching can improve pitching but not to the degree the Pirates need. Just losing Vasquez probably adds a couple losses a year.
PMike

Post by PMike »

0D5B4D59564C5C575A4D7F58525E5653115C3F0 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

I support signing Puig and here's why.

I want this team to lose and lose bad this year. Puig is a clubhouse cancer. He can completely destroy a team while putting up great numbers (if healthy). So, he will have a great first half and then we can trade him. Meanwhile the team will suck. Perfect scenario.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

180521232D480 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

I want this team to lose and lose bad this year.  Puig is a clubhouse cancer.  He can completely destroy a team while putting up great numbers (if healthy).  So, he will have a great first half and then we can trade him.  Meanwhile the team will suck.  Perfect scenario.

Derek Shelton wants to know why you hate him. :)
PMike

Post by PMike »

5E78796E78681B0 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

I want this team to lose and lose bad this year.  Puig is a clubhouse cancer.  He can completely destroy a team while putting up great numbers (if healthy).  So, he will have a great first half and then we can trade him.  Meanwhile the team will suck.  Perfect scenario.

Derek Shelton wants to know why you hate him. :)

Lol! Ok, I'd feel bad for him and the current players.
shedman

Post by shedman »

7B6642404E2B0 wrote: I would rush to my keyboard to commend Cherington if he acquired either Puig or Pillar.

___

I am all for signing Puig or any other major league ball player rather than kicking the can down the road and blubbering about a future that never arrives in Pittsburgh,