Great start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Great start

Post by shedman »

7D2B3D29263C2C272A3D0F28222E2623612C4F0 wrote: Be candid now, back in January, how many of us really believed we'd be tied for first this late into the season?
This way Bob can tell the fans that the bucs are vastly improved

I wonder how many fans will be left to tell?
_______

This is perfect for BOB. Due to the virus, he won't get blamed for the lack of attendance and because there are no fans, he can cut the pay of the players.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Great start

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

2B303D3C353936580 wrote: Be candid now, back in January, how many of us really believed we'd be tied for first this late into the season?
This way Bob can tell the fans that the bucs are vastly improved

I wonder how many fans will be left to tell?
_______

This is perfect for BOB.  Due to the virus, he won't get blamed for the lack of attendance and because there are no fans, he can cut the pay of the players.

There's a decent chance payroll will be lower next year. Bell, Frazier and Kela could very well be gone. Nutting's plan always includes some way of reducing costs, usually taking aim at what he pays the players.
GreenWeenie

Great start

Post by GreenWeenie »

The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
shedman

Great start

Post by shedman »

5A6F7878734A78787374781D0 wrote: The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
______

BOB just doesn't care if we are all gone. Revenue sharing will continue to roll in. I estimate that he pockets $30 million.
Bobster21

Great start

Post by Bobster21 »

2B303D3C353936580 wrote: The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
______

BOB just doesn't care if we are all gone.  Revenue sharing will continue to roll in.  I estimate that he pockets $30 million.
It's been apparent since the 2015 season ended with franchise record attendance that Nutting doesn't care about attendance. He chose to downgrade the team which he had to know would drastically reduce attendance. But the corresponding drop in payroll no doubt more than made up for it with his MLB welfare revenue sharing/luxury tax. He's a businessman and I'm sure he has analysts and accountants figuring all this out to stay ahead of the game. I suspect the net profit from the 98 win team of 2015 with a payroll that was 77% of the MLB medium payroll was not enough for him to justify the expenditure. For 2016-19 the payroll pct has dropped to 74%, 73%, 68% and 52% of the MLB average. Attendance dropped in 2016, '17 and '18 with a very slight uptick last year. As long as he turns a profit he's "winning." I suspect the profit is greater with a bad team and minuscule payroll than with a good team and a nearly average MLB payroll. Nutting is running a business. Profit means everything. The outcome of games is irrelevant unless it effects profit. If he was manufacturing cheap lawnmowers that sucked but were profitable, he would continue to do so rather than infusing more money into the product in hopes of greater sales. Not worth the risk to that a-hole him.   
shedman

Great start

Post by shedman »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
______

BOB just doesn't care if we are all gone.  Revenue sharing will continue to roll in.  I estimate that he pockets $30 million.
It's been apparent since the 2015 season ended with franchise record attendance that Nutting doesn't care about attendance. He chose to downgrade the team which he had to know would drastically reduce attendance. But the corresponding drop in payroll no doubt more than made up for it with his MLB welfare revenue sharing/luxury tax. He's a businessman and I'm sure he has analysts and accountants figuring all this out to stay ahead of the game. I suspect the net profit from the 98 win team of 2015 with a payroll that was 77% of the MLB medium payroll was not enough for him to justify the expenditure. For 2016-19 the payroll pct has dropped to 74%, 73%, 68% and 52% of the MLB average. Attendance dropped in 2016, '17 and '18 with a very slight uptick last year. As long as he turns a profit he's "winning." I suspect the profit is greater with a bad team and minuscule payroll than with a good team and a nearly average MLB payroll. Nutting is running a business. Profit means everything. The outcome of games is irrelevant unless it effects profit. If he was manufacturing cheap lawnmowers that sucked but were profitable, he would continue to do so rather than infusing more money into the product in hopes of greater sales. Not worth the risk to that a-hole him.   
_______

Bobs, If this board gave out awards for Post of the Year, this one would be in the running.
GreenWeenie

Great start

Post by GreenWeenie »

475C515059555A340 wrote: The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
______

There won't be much revenue if everybody's gone. And, if everybody's gone, there wont be anyone to share anything with BOB.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Great start

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: The way things have been going, all of us could very well be gone.  :(
______

It's been apparent since the 2015 season ended with franchise record attendance that Nutting doesn't care about attendance. He chose to downgrade the team which he had to know would drastically reduce attendance. But the corresponding drop in payroll no doubt more than made up for it with his MLB welfare revenue sharing/luxury tax. He's a businessman and I'm sure he has analysts and accountants figuring all this out to stay ahead of the game. I suspect the net profit from the 98 win team of 2015 with a payroll that was 77% of the MLB medium payroll was not enough for him to justify the expenditure. For 2016-19 the payroll pct has dropped to 74%, 73%, 68% and 52% of the MLB average. Attendance dropped in 2016, '17 and '18 with a very slight uptick last year. As long as he turns a profit he's "winning." [highlight]I suspect the profit is greater with a bad team and minuscule payroll than with a good team and a nearly average MLB payroll. Nutting is running a business. Profit means everything. The outcome of games is irrelevant[/highlight] unless it effects profit. If he was manufacturing cheap lawnmowers that sucked but were profitable, he would continue to do so rather than infusing more money into the product in hopes of greater sales. Not worth the risk to that a-hole him.   

And that, boys and girls, is the Nutting Mission Statement.
GreenWeenie

Great start

Post by GreenWeenie »

BOB had the year 2020 circled on his calendar, but the virus ruined his Plan.

Field the lowest-cost roster. Fans will accept anything.

Milk the 60/1960 for more than it's worth.