3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Derek Holland (LHP) Starting Pitcher
If this is a preview of official lineups, Frazier is miscast as a #3 but so would everyone else on the roster. Moran is miscast as a #5 but so would everyone else on the roster. Osuna might provide some power and gets Bell away from 1B (I hope they burn hide Bell's glove). I've seen more intimidating 7-8-9 hitters on Little League teams. 

While that line-up strikes little fear, there are a two guys (Reynolds and Bell) who are legit hitters, and two (Newman and Frazier) who can contribute as good role players.  The team lacks what every line-up needs, a couple of star players.  This franchise will only have that type of player if they're drafted, and then for just a few years.

As for today's line-up, at the very least I'd switch Frazier and Reynolds, which I think would pay off over a season's worth of games, and I'd switch Moran and Osuna, which is basically a tweak.
I was thinking switch Osuna and Frazier
WildwoodDave

July 22, 2020 Game Thread - Tribe at Bucs

Post by WildwoodDave »

742234202F35252E233406212B272F2A6825460 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

I agree that Frazier and Reynolds should be switched.  I might also switch Osuna to 3B, Moran to DH, and Bell to 1B for a few games just to see how his new throwing motion works out. 

I hope as the season progresses that we see less of Moran and more of Hayes when he gets back from COVID.  Hayes won't prove anything on the bench or PHing.

I agree.  This is the perfect season to let Hayes get his feet wet and get a head start on next year.
Anyway you look at it, it's like trying to put a 500 piece puzzle together with 300 pieces
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

536D6860736B6B6040657261040 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

If this is a preview of official lineups, Frazier is miscast as a #3 but so would everyone else on the roster. Moran is miscast as a #5 but so would everyone else on the roster. Osuna might provide some power and gets Bell away from 1B (I hope they burn hide Bell's glove). I've seen more intimidating 7-8-9 hitters on Little League teams. 

While that line-up strikes little fear, there are a two guys (Reynolds and Bell) who are legit hitters, and two (Newman and Frazier) who can contribute as good role players.  The team lacks what every line-up needs, a couple of star players.  This franchise will only have that type of player if they're drafted, and then for just a few years.

As for today's line-up, at the very least I'd switch Frazier and Reynolds, which I think would pay off over a season's worth of games, and I'd switch Moran and Osuna, which is basically a tweak.
I was thinking switch Osuna and Frazier

Osuna has more power than Frazier while Frazier will likely get on base more so I'd rather have Osuna in a position in the line-up where he can drive in multiple runs with a double or HR. A guy can dream, can't he?
2drfischer@gmail.c

57696C64776F6F6444617665000 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

I agree that Frazier and Reynolds should be switched.  I might also switch Osuna to 3B, Moran to DH, and Bell to 1B for a few games just to see how his new throwing motion works out. 

I hope as the season progresses that we see less of Moran and more of Hayes when he gets back from COVID.  Hayes won't prove anything on the bench or PHing.

I agree.  This is the perfect season to let Hayes get his feet wet and get a head start on next year.
Anyway you look at it, it's like trying to put a 500 piece puzzle together with 300 pieces

Are you crazy?!? Nutting would never pay for a 500 piece puzzle.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

702630242B31212A273002252F232B2E6C21420 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Are you crazy?!?  Nutting would never pay for a 500 piece puzzle.

he might buy a 300 piece puzzle and have an intern make it into a 500 piece puzzle.
2drfischer@gmail.c

022425322434470 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

he might buy a 300 piece puzzle and have an intern make it into a 500 piece puzzle.

I see what you did there. An "intern" would do the work. A non-paid worker. You have to give it to Nutting, the man knows how to make/save a buck.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

153332253323500 wrote: 1. Kevin Newman (R) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) DH

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

7. Cole Tucker (S) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

LOL ;D ;D ;D

And I'm sure he's got his analytics masterminds (probably some 3rd graders now with the regular ones laid off) assuring him that this puzzle will work just as well.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I know spring training / summer camp doesn't mean much at all.

But in the Pirates' case this year, it probably does.

The Pirates just went 3-18 in preseason.

Stretch that out to 60 games, and it's about 9-51.

This team might not be THAT bad.

But it might.

I've got 'em going 14-46, and that could be a reach.

This bullpen is an absolute abomination.

Starting pitching is rotten.

Little to no power.

The nightmare begins in 48 hours.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Other than hitting, pitching, defense and base running, they look pretty darn good! :)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Makes me long for the Zach Duke, Kris Benson......Anna Benson, Chris Duffy days of old.