Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Game Thread - 8/1 - Bucs @ Cubbies

Post by shedman »

This Brubaker looks like a keeper!
shedman

Post by shedman »

I wonder if the Pirate announcers will ever stop talking about ping pong.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Good to see Newman raise his average to .087.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

7. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

8. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

9. John Ryan Murphy (R) C

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Were is Osuna?  Stallings?  Tucker?  Players that may matter in the future.

I'd love to hear the truth as to why Osuna hasn't played in so long.  If it's because of Polanco's return, he continues to prove with each game that it isn't earned.  They have him batting sixth.  If he's so important and gifted, why not higher in the order? 

Looks to me like it's Osuna or Evans. I don't see how you fit both without Reynolds or Polanco playing CF. Evans is a plus defensive 3rd baseman and swings it OK. So either Evans plays once every 3 days rather then twice every 3 days , there's not much room for Osuna ? Bell or Moran day off would provide a spot also.

That all said , I hear you. With such a terrible lineup , it's hard to not think Osuna should get more abs. Maybe deserves some of Polanco abs but I think you have to give Polanco the chance to get his timing and see if he is a major league caliber right fielder.

Bottom line is this all sucks. Only bright spot I've seen is Burdi and that's a pretty small sample size to get excited about.

Osuna plays 1B, 3B and OF. Between those and DH it would seem he could start 3-4 games a week without anyone else sitting more than once. So far I'm very disappointed in Shelton's handling of his roster.

Yeah ... why not play Osuna. They can play .300 baseball with or without him. This team has zero starting P , 2 BP P's that have looked good and maybe 3 legit hitters in their lineup. This is pretty sad.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Del Poza - do the Bucs really think he can be a decent pitcher? Looks like Feliz isn't.

We are also back to the days where the team doesn't have 3 competent outfielders.

Luckily this is a short season, I couldn't take 162 games of this.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

092F2E392F3F4C0 wrote: Del Poza - do the Bucs really think he can be a decent pitcher?  Looks like Feliz isn't.

We are also back to the days where the team doesn't have 3 competent outfielders.

Luckily this is a short season, I couldn't take 162 games of this.

IKWYM, but you can look at that two ways, unfortunately.

162 games of endless drubbing on a team that truly doesn't have very much at all- from the top down. Seriously, we have BOB for an owner, I can't even tell you who the president is (which, in our case- after FC- is a BLESSING, some career-resurrector for a GM, and some OJT guy for a manager.

How many bonafide, legitimate, authentic, qualified MLB players are on this team? I can't count five. If they were any good, we'd be winning games. They are what their record says that they are.

So, having fewer games to watch is better than watching 162.

But, on the other hand, with fewer games to watch, every game's magnified.

So, we're swallowing the same amount of poision....it's just that we're taking it more each time. :((((((

Here's the part that stinks the most. Next year won't be much different. Our only hope is that some of the teams in the division begin to fall. We're not getting better. Not with the guys we have on top.