Game Thread - August 3 - Bucs @ Twins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: For the life of me I can't figure out why Gonzalez gets so many starts at SS.

ANYTIME there's an instance where Newman isn't going to start at SS, Tucker should be there.

There's just no logical reason to give that time to Gonzalez over Tucker. (And yes I realize Gonzalez had an RBI hit tonight, but he has no business playing ahead of Tucker).
Meanwhile, Tucker plays his first game in CF and misjudges a ball to allow 2 runs. Tucker is a SS. Probably the best defensive SS on the team. He has not played an inning there yet in these 10 games. Gonzalez has OF experience. So the utility INF-OF guy plays SS so Newman and Tucker can both play out of position.

And Del Bozo blows the game while being used by default in a crucial situation because Lloyd McShelton decided that the 4th inning yesterday was a good time to start using the BP after 3 perfect innings on 35 pitches by Brault and 8 relievers ended up having to work. It's bad enough the talent level on this team is so low but McShelton is managing the team like a complete idiot. 

I agree he is managing like an idiot, but I think others are helping him. His coaches and what ever the analytics folks are telling him. IMO, it isn't that easy to move around from infield to outfield and vice versus. Some can do it but most can't do it well. S-Rod made some great catches but I don't think he was a great outfielder.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

I'm not going to spread the vainglory at all.

Shelton is a clown and is proving night after night.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am hoping that Del Poso gets cut when they return home on Wednesday. No use spending the money to fly him home after tonight’s game. He is just awful!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Burdi not perfect. Oh well, need to get them tomorrow.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Holland pitched better than his line showed. You got some serious random contributions early to get that lead up to 4-0 only to see it evaporate.

Why Miggy Del Pozzo? Don't understand that move or why he is still on the roster. Just saw we brought back someone we removed from the 40-man roster and then made a trade with the Muts for a lousy reliever. Gents, its going to be a long, long season. The good thing ... 10 games down, 50 to go for the win for Kumar Rocker.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

406D60717667703033020 wrote: Good start from Tucker!

Shelton continues to amaze me. Newman is his regular SS and Gonzalez is his utility infielder. So to give Gonzalez a start (why?) he moves Newman to 2B so Gonzalez can play SS. Why not start Gonzalez at 2B and leave Newman in his normal position? And why is Tucker, their best defensive SS, not allowed to play SS? This is Gonzalez' 3rd start at SS in 10 games. Tucker has played exclusively in the OF. Why is Osuna the DH and Bell playing defense at 1B? I'm already sick of Lloyd McShelton. 

“Lloyd McShelton”

Post of the year so far. LMFAO

To be fair to Lloyd, he at least had some fire in his belly.

I still believe that “the walking dead zombie”....John Russell is the worst Manager I can recall
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Wait. :(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1707063127272B440 wrote: Holland pitched better than his line showed.  You got some serious random contributions early to get that lead up to 4-0 only to see it evaporate.

Why Miggy Del Pozzo?  Don't understand that move or why he is still on the roster.  Just saw we brought back someone we removed from the 40-man roster and then made a trade with the Muts for a lousy reliever.  Gents, its going to be a long, long season.  The good thing ... 10 games down, 50 to go for the win for Kumar Rocker.
Because Shelton used up 8 other relievers the day before when he decided the 4th inning would be an excellent time to remove Brault after 3 perfect innings, 35 pitches, 27 strikes. Shelton was afraid of injury. So he pulls Brault for Kuhl---who gets injured! He was so reluctant to use Del Pozo that day that he even went to Howard and Ponce instead. So when he needed a reliever last night it was Del Pozo by default. This mess was the domino affect of needlessly pulling Brault Sunday. Del Pozo should not be on the team. And Shelton should not be a manager.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4D686B6B7E5568606275070 wrote: Good start from Tucker!

Shelton continues to amaze me. Newman is his regular SS and Gonzalez is his utility infielder. So to give Gonzalez a start (why?) he moves Newman to 2B so Gonzalez can play SS. Why not start Gonzalez at 2B and leave Newman in his normal position? And why is Tucker, their best defensive SS, not allowed to play SS? This is Gonzalez' 3rd start at SS in 10 games. Tucker has played exclusively in the OF. Why is Osuna the DH and Bell playing defense at 1B? I'm already sick of Lloyd McShelton. 

“Lloyd McShelton”

Post of the year so far. LMFAO

To be fair to Lloyd, he at least had some fire in his belly.

I still believe that “the walking dead zombie”....John Russell is the worst Manager I can recall
;D

I consider McClendon the worst and Russell 2nd worst. McClendon's moves were so bad I wished he would just sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing. I got my wish from Russell who just sat on his hands and did absolutely nothing. I thought his zero performance was an improvement over McClendon's minus performance. I'm now back to hoping Shelton will sit on his hands, blindfolded, mouth gagged and do absolutely nothing. It would be an improvement. I wonder if Russell is available. :)
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

614C41505746511112230 wrote: Good start from Tucker!

Lloyd McShelton- good one!!