Game thread august 7 vs Tigers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: What a bullpen.  :'(

Miggy is a one-man wrecking crew. Not to say Brault didn't do his part.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

3A36376C656C64696E716B5C0 wrote: Gonzalez is having a good night.

Time for BC to get on the horn and deal Gonzo since now he has value. LOL.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5B767B6A6D7C6B2B28190 wrote: I generally don't get the games on TV out here, does Cole Tucker have the range for center? Is this an honest to goodness position change?
Tucker has done fairly well in the outfield, since this is a new position for him. I am concerned that he is not hitting much at all. He is 0-4 so far this game. He is close to the Mendoza line.
He'd have to get hot to get close to the Mendoza line. Currently at .154.

Good news! We have six guys hitting > the team's Winning Percentage.

The Monroeville Mendozas
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's frustrating to watch these games but it's clear that winning is not a priority and that this "season" is being used as an extension of spring training.

Every game is a new lineup and new position experiments. Last night we had Gonzalez at SS while Newman played 2B, Tucker played CF with Evans in RF. Pitchers are used as they would be in ST. Last week Brault was lifted after 3 perfect innings, 35 pitches (27 strikes). The priority was not to shut down the other team. It was to give Brault some brief work. Last night the same approach was taken with Kuhl. Lifted after 4 innings, 1 hit, 7 Ks, 58 pitches. As bad as the BP is, Rodriguez was lifted after 1 perfect inning, 2 Ks on 12 pitches. He got his work in, then it was time for Turley and Neverauskas to lose the game as expected.

As fans, it's annoying to watch this but it's obviously the course that has been chosen.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's defnitely the case.

They're....seeing that they don't have anything. But, they already knew that.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

4844451E171E161B1C03192E0 wrote: I've been bitching about Shelton but I have to give him credit. Seems like he thinks Gonzalez does not stink and maybe he is right.
Both Gonzalez and Evans have been decent hitters. As long as they hit I would keep them in the lineup.

Batting 6th and ninth, though?