Game Thread - August 8 - Bucs vs Tigers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F353E0E392F2F234C0 wrote: 4 homers in the first 5 batters. WTF! That's a record. Will I keep watching this trainwreck?
Ha-ha. The joke's on the Tigers. We got 1 of the first 5 out. ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, the Bucs fight back to 6-5 in the 4th. Now all they need is a pitching staff to hold the Tigers (while also teaching flying unicorns to weave yarn into gold).
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: Wow, the Bucs fight back to 6-5 in the 4th. Now all they need is a pitching staff to hold the Tigers (while also teaching flying unicorns to weave yarn into gold). 

There really isn't much left to do in this season but to prepare for beyond 2021 because there's little hope of competing next year, either. There really isn't much left to do other than to let guys prove they can play. I mean, they can't forfeit the rest of their games.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I see Polanco continued his typical work today. And this after all that praise during Springq Training and the July workouts. Seriously, stop playing him. See if any other GM will take him for any player at any level of his system. If not, release him. Enough is enough.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: Wow, the Bucs fight back to 6-5 in the 4th. Now all they need is a pitching staff to hold the Tigers (while also teaching flying unicorns to weave yarn into gold). 

I fell asleep . Did the pitching staff hold them ?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4146574457060B320 wrote: Wow, the Bucs fight back to 6-5 in the 4th. Now all they need is a pitching staff to hold the Tigers (while also teaching flying unicorns to weave yarn into gold). 
I fell asleep . Did the pitching staff hold them ?
The BP gave up 2 runs plus an inherited in 4 innings. But one of those innings was a perfect 3 up/3 down inning by catcher John Ryan Murphy. Without Murphy, they gave up 2 runs in 3 innings, which is an ERA of 6.00 which is actually pretty good for that bunch.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Holland's explanation for the 4 HRs yielded to the 1st 5 batters (per the Trib):

“We had the right game plan,” Holland said. “Those guys just came out pretty aggressive and made us pay for it.”

Maybe that "right game plan" should be pulled from the play book. Under no circumstances can that be described as "the right game plan."
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

557875646372652526170 wrote: Holland's explanation for the 4 HRs yielded to the 1st 5 batters (per the Trib):

“We had the right game plan,” Holland said. “Those guys just came out pretty aggressive and made us pay for it.”

Maybe that "right game plan" should be pulled from the play book. Under no circumstances can that be described as "the right game plan." 

You fail to understand, my fellow Pirates fan.

It's BOB's playbook.

The Plan? Spend as little as humanly possible.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: Under no circumstances can that be described as "the right game plan." 

At least they didn't publish the plan in the newspaper before the game:

https://www.post-gazette.com/pirates/20 ... 0804260141

Memories, huh?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

467569686B635568736F7473626E69070 wrote: Under no circumstances can that be described as "the right game plan." 

At least they didn't publish the plan in the newspaper before the game:

https://www.post-gazette.com/pirates/20 ... 0804260141

Memories, huh?

Good grief. :o