Free Agency - 2021

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Free Agency - 2021

Post by Bobster21 »

I don't know if BC has any influence with El Cheapo, and I know a couple FAs won't significantly change this team. But a pitching and a position player FA would help the development of the young players on the roster. There is just no veteran presence on the team. At least anyone who has experienced success and can advise others. I've read the young Pirate pitchers seek advice from Taillon as if he has veteran knowledge. But Taillon has limited experience and could benefit from a veteran with more experience. For position players, Polanco is a 7 year veteran who still doesn't seem to understand the fundamentals of the game. I hope no one goes to him for advice. There could be a benefit to signing a couple FAs beyond the W-L record.

Ecbucs

Free Agency - 2021

Post by Ecbucs »

634E43525544531310210 wrote: I don't know if BC has any influence with El Cheapo, and I know a couple FAs won't significantly change this team. But a pitching and a position player FA would help the development of the young players on the roster. There is just no veteran presence on the team. At least anyone who has experienced success and can advise others. I've read the young Pirate pitchers seek advice from Taillon as if he has veteran knowledge. But Taillon has limited experience and could benefit from a veteran with more experience. For position players, Polanco is a 7 year veteran who still doesn't seem to understand the fundamentals of the game. I hope no one goes to him for advice. There could be a benefit to signing a couple FAs beyond the W-L record.

very good point.
SCBucco

Free Agency - 2021

Post by SCBucco »

7B565B4A4D5C4B0B08390 wrote: I don't know if BC has any influence with El Cheapo, and I know a couple FAs won't significantly change this team. But a pitching and a position player FA would help the development of the young players on the roster. There is just no veteran presence on the team. At least anyone who has experienced success and can advise others. I've read the young Pirate pitchers seek advice from Taillon as if he has veteran knowledge. But Taillon has limited experience and could benefit from a veteran with more experience. For position players, Polanco is a 7 year veteran who still doesn't seem to understand the fundamentals of the game. I hope no one goes to him for advice. There could be a benefit to signing a couple FAs beyond the W-L record.

This is why I have been SCREAMING that we need a non retired AJB type. He made a difference with the younger guys. There are some out there. I mentioned Happ.

WE could use a bat that is older of the same ilk - one that has experienced success.
GreenWeenie

Free Agency - 2021

Post by GreenWeenie »

There's nothing we can't use.
BellevueBuc

Free Agency - 2021

Post by BellevueBuc »

You can ignore that top 50 list. Teams are going to be cutting players left and right, that is where the Pirates will shop.

Best bet is they can find a guy like Burnett, a high salary player a team will pay the Pirates to take, but that is even wishful thinking.