Adam Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

605E5B534058585373564152370 wrote: The three Pirates players who are making the most money should always have their bags packed.  That's just standard operating procedure with this franchise.
In Polanco's case, he is stealing it
Polanco is going to play winter ball this year. I hope they teach him how to play.
GreenWeenie

Adam Frazier

Post by GreenWeenie »

So he'll be that much better for some other team when we dump him.

Then, we start all over again with the LMG that he's replaced by.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: So he'll be that much better for some other team when we dump him.

There are 2 major problems with the organization. One is the owner's unwillingness to spend. The other is the frequent misevaluation of players' abilities. Polanco was highly touted as a franchise type player. They said he had the ability to be a good CFer and was a good hitter with power and speed. So he became one of the few Pirates they were willing to pay to keep.

So while collecting a big salary he turned out to be a poor defensive outfielder, a low average hitter with moderate at best power and a clueless base runner. Certainly the money was misspent on Polanco but I'd rather have a competent player than keep him merely to avoid dumping his salary. Without even looking any further I'd play Osuna over Polanco.

I'd rather see an OF of Reynolds, Alford, Osuna.

Or Reynolds, Alford, Evans.

Or any combination of Reynolds, Alford, Osuna, Evans, Frazier.

Regardless of salary, Polanco is a detriment to the team and could easily be replaced by someone more productive. Even if it means a LMG. The team should not have to suffer thru another year of Polanco merely to avoid paying someone else less money to do a better job.

If your only interest in the Pirates is money, then I guess that makes you the Nutting on the opposite extreme. He doesn't want to improve any position if it involves spending money and you don't want to improve any position if it doesn't involve doesn't money.  :D
MaineBucs

Adam Frazier

Post by MaineBucs »

So --- You want to keep Polanco?

Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

6A464E494265524454270 wrote: So --- You want to keep Polanco?

I'm still on the fence. ;D
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

I would rather have Polanco in the outfield over Osuna, Alford, or Frazier.
SCBucco

Adam Frazier

Post by SCBucco »

614C41505746511112230 wrote: So he'll be that much better for some other team when we dump him.

There are 2 major problems with the organization. One is the owner's unwillingness to spend. The other is the frequent misevaluation of players' abilities. Polanco was highly touted as a franchise type player. They said he had the ability to be a good CFer and was a good hitter with power and speed. So he became one of the few Pirates they were willing to pay to keep.

So while collecting a big salary he turned out to be a poor defensive outfielder, a low average hitter with moderate at best power and a clueless base runner. Certainly the money was misspent on Polanco but I'd rather have a competent player than keep him merely to avoid dumping his salary. Without even looking any further I'd play Osuna over Polanco.

Regardless of salary, Polanco is a detriment to the team and could easily be replaced by someone more productive. Even if it means a LMG. The team should not have to suffer thru another year of Polanco merely to avoid paying someone else less money to do a better job.

If your only interest in the Pirates is money, then I guess that makes you the Nutting on the opposite extreme. He doesn't want to improve any position if it involves spending money and you don't want to improve any position if it doesn't involve doesn't money.  :D

Reynolds and Alford are yes. I liked what I saw in Evans, so I'm intrigued. There just ins't anyone out there that is on the roster that interests me, not even Osuna anymore. This is where I'd love for someone like Oliva to take the bull by the horns and grab the spot.
Bobster21

Adam Frazier

Post by Bobster21 »

6171704751515D320 wrote: So he'll be that much better for some other team when we dump him.

Reynolds and Alford are yes.  I liked what I saw in Evans, so I'm intrigued.  There just isn't anyone out there that is on the roster that interests me, not even Osuna anymore.  This is where I'd love for someone like Oliva to take the bull by the horns and grab the spot. 
Yes, he is also interesting. The only reason I didn't mention him is because the others have at least shown a brief glimpse of what they might do. Oliva hasn't had that chance.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Adam Frazier

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

435855545D515E300 wrote: I would rather have Polanco in the outfield over Osuna, Alford, or Frazier.

So you're not interested in having the best talent on the field? I thought you were a Pirates fan.
shedman

Adam Frazier

Post by shedman »

005640545B41515A574072555F535B5E1C51320 wrote: I would rather have Polanco in the outfield over Osuna, Alford, or Frazier.

So you're not interested in having the best talent on the field?  I thought you were a Pirates fan.
______

I don't consider Osuna and Alford to be better talents than Polanco.