Re: Pirates Sign T. Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

19383019323A5D0 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

Pitched a scoreless inning last year too.

Good vet to have around the young guys.

If he makes the team out of ST he is a better vet than Neal Walker.
With all the stellar pitchers on the Pirate staff, I don't think we will see him on the mound. I
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

I read that he has hit more HR's against the Pirates than any other team
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

47666E476C64030 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

If he makes the team out of ST he is a better vet than Neal Walker.

Pretty similar. Walker was obviously really bad last year, but with a very small sample. other than Walker being a switch hitter, probably interchangeable.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

47797C74677F7F745471667522100 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

I read that he has hit more HR's against the Pirates than any other team

Name three other players who haven't.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

I'm predicting a long flirt with the Mendoza line, then a small power streak in late June.

If he plays a fullish season?

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

and a K on greater then 30% of ABs
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

547F7E637860795562747478170 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

I'm predicting a long flirt with the Mendoza line, then a small power streak in late June.

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

I don't think they expect much production from him. He'll probably platoon at 1B with Moran, which means Frazier would mostly face LHPs. In the past 2 seasons he has hit about .290 vs LHPs but in the 2 seasons prior to that he hit poorly against them. I think his main purpose is to bring a veteran presence to the team as someone who has had success and has played on good teams. Maybe he can help steer other, younger players to make more progress and whatever he can provide on the field in a part time capacity will be a bonus.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

496469787F6E79393A0B0 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

I don't think they expect much production from him. He'll probably platoon at 1B with Moran, which means Frazier would mostly face LHPs. In the past 2 seasons he has hit about .290 vs LHPs but in the 2 seasons prior to that he hit poorly against them. I think his main purpose is to bring a veteran presence to the team as someone who has had success and has played on good teams. Maybe he can help steer other, younger players to make more progress and whatever he can provide on the field in a part time capacity will be a bonus.
if he hits 11HR's, he could lead the team
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

526C6961726A6A614164736037050 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

Not a chance that is going to happen WWD. Polanco is going to come back with a vengeance by hitting .295 slugging 36 HR and driving in 102 runs. He will finally live up to his billing as a star player. Then BC will be able to trade him for a bag of donuts and the donut holes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

Not a chance that is going to happen WWD.  Polanco is going to come back with a vengeance by hitting .295 slugging 36 HR and driving in 102 runs.  He will finally live up to his billing as a star player.  Then BC will be able to trade him for a bag of donuts and the donut holes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Have you ever given serious consideration in a career in fiction writing?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

Not a chance that is going to happen WWD.  Polanco is going to come back with a vengeance by hitting .295 slugging 36 HR and driving in 102 runs.  He will finally live up to his billing as a star player.  Then BC will be able to trade him for a bag of donuts and the donut holes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Have you ever given serious consideration in a career in fiction writing?

Of course you knew that Possum wrote that for your benefit :D