Oneil Cruz involved in accident in the DR

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

012B20102731313D520 wrote: This just makes me sad.
I agree with you. Three individuals lose their lives because of an irresponsible individual. So sad!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

The effects their families can't be measured....or, recovered from. The loss will always be with them. The lessons don't always get learned.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

I'll volunteer to be that guy.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

You mean, "seeing what he had....in him?"
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I just cannot believe this

Besides the tragic loss of life and impact on the living; this organization lost a HOF legend in Roberto Clemente to a plane crash, lost probably the best reliever in baseball because he ended up being a molester and now we may lose potentially the best impact prospect in our system. Dark cloud indeed!!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

If you're going to go back as far as Clemente, then why not add Bob Moose's car accident to the list? Somehow, I don't equate this to them.

maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

536671717A4371717A7D71140 wrote: If you're going to go back as far as Clemente, then why not add Bob Moose's car accident to the list?  Somehow, I don't equate this to them.

I'm sure it's happened before somewhere that I don't know about, but I really can't remember any MLB player committing a crime so horrific that you knew automatically they'd never play again.

And now it's happened to the Pirates two years running.

And not just some bench player, either. Guys that were major players in the organization.

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2E222B26316D372A2E2C372B3A717303242E430 wrote: If you're going to go back as far as Clemente, then why not add Bob Moose's car accident to the list?  Somehow, I don't equate this to them.

I'm sure it's happened before somewhere that I don't know about, but I really can't remember any MLB player committing a crime so horrific that you knew automatically they'd never play again.

And now it's happened to the Pirates two years running.

And not just some bench player, either. Guys that were major players in the organization.

I don't think Mel Hall got caught until the end of his career,

Here is an article from grunge that lists some bad actors, including murder and attempted murder.

https://www.grunge.com/12642/worst-crim ... b-players/
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Wasn't Pete Rose a player/manager at the time when he got caught gambling and evading taxes on his winnings? 

I don't care enough to look into it, but my memory seems to recall that he was an active MLBer and had to be replaced.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I want to hear the details, don't know anything about what happened. Let's wait for trial.