Ke'Bryan Hayes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Ke'Bryan Hayes

Post by DemDog »

574C414049454A240 wrote: My guess is that they low balled Hayes.  Then in arbitration years they will dicker with him over $5000 and he will get PO's and leave at his first chance (ala Gerritt Cole)

Same old, same old Shedman, give it a break. >:( >:( >:(
ChillinStation

Ke'Bryan Hayes

Post by ChillinStation »

If I recall .. Cole was actually paid less in year 3 , by a about $30,000 or so from year 2 salary. That was the beginning of the end. :(

Nope I was wrong , after checking BR .Cole was just given the minimum salary bump allowed of $10,000
ArnoldRothstein

Ke'Bryan Hayes

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

As I understand it, Cole got a bonus for making the All Star team in 2015. For 2016, the Pirates offered him less in salary than he got in total compensation for 2015, including the bonus.  NH said something like Cole had "broken their system" for pre-arb players, which more-or-less meant that NH wasn't reviewing the spreadsheet that dictated compensation for young players.
Surgnbuck

Ke'Bryan Hayes

Post by Surgnbuck »

Without knowing how the next CBA will work out, unless Hayes was offered a Tatis Jr. kind of contract, I doubt any player is going to take an extension offer right now.

But I guess that wouldn't go with the team bashing and dragging in NH and Cole to somehow be relevant in this current situation. I mean seriously, what would have even been a realistic offer in some of your minds? The guy has ONE month of baseball under his belt. Exactly how can anyone be "lowballed" at that point?

I seriously have no idea why some people even follow the team anymore. I can predict everything they will say before they even say it. I mean, I love how those people bash those looking forward to a future that I do agree may never get here, but yet somehow living in the past regimes is somehow on topic for every freaking thread?