SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

111600080611565A23040E020A0F4D000C0E630 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

If Frazier keeps this up, he will be a hot commodity at the deadline. Wish he would sneeze on Polanco
rucker59@gmail.com

SOG/GOG

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7D43464E5D45454E6E4B5C4F182A0 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

If Frazier keeps this up, he will be a hot commodity at the deadline. Wish he would sneeze on Polanco

Is Frazier automatically a trade chip if he stays hot? I’m thinking that he and Reynolds and Newman and Stallings can be the beginning of the future.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

5E594F47495E19156C4B414D4540024F43412C0 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

Is Frazier automatically a trade chip if he stays hot?  I’m thinking that he and Reynolds and Newman and Stallings can be the beginning of the future.    

I like Frazier too and would like to see him be part of the future. But he's a FA after 2022. In the Pirates way of operating, that means he gets traded sometime this year or next.

But here's a thought. After telling us (again) that they'll spend when then time is right (cue the canned laughter) wouldn't it be nice to see them give him an extension before he can walk? He's a nice player who won't command a king's ransom in free agency. Why not show the fans that they're serious this time and secure a part of their future? That would go a long way toward winning back many fans who disbelieve every thing they tell us. And it would give hope to their young players that they are playing for an organization that might actually try to win and pay them in the process.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

Is Frazier automatically a trade chip if he stays hot?  I’m thinking that he and Reynolds and Newman and Stallings can be the beginning of the future.    

I like Frazier too and would like to see him be part of the future. But he's a FA after 2022. In the Pirates way of operating, that means he gets traded sometime this year or next.

But here's a thought. After telling us (again) that they'll spend when then time is right (cue the canned laughter) wouldn't it be nice to see them give him an extension before he can walk? He's a nice player who won't command a king's ransom in free agency. Why not show the fans that they're serious this time and secure a part of their future? That would go a long way toward winning back many fans who disbelieve every thing they tell us. And it would give hope to their young players that they are playing for an organization that might actually try to win and pay them in the process. 

I agree with you except the part about the fans. I think many will say it's just window dressing, they'll "never sign a GOOD player". I've admittedly never been that high on Frazier, but he is a solid, bona fide major leaguer. I would be in favor of them keeping a guy like him around. But I don't think BC is going to do anything like that, and it's not because of Bob, but because I'm betting he's waiting to see how 2022 plays out.

Interesting that the Angels extended David Fletcher for 5/26, a player I would say Frazier is cut from the same cloth. I think that's Frazier's market, and I think that's well within the Bucs means.

I liked Mark DeRosa's comment on MLB this morning about that signing. He said MLB doesn't have enough of these types of signings, teams either have a 340 million dollar player or league minimum. Teams always need Fletchers and Fraziers, because even the Yankees can't pay 30 million per position.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

SOG

The current count is:

Bullpen - 4

Frazier - 3

Hayes - 1

Get your votes in before the start of the next game.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

I agree with you except the part about the fans. I think many will say it's just window dressing, they'll "never sign a GOOD player". I've admittedly never been that high on Frazier, but he is a solid, bona fide major leaguer. I would be in favor of them keeping a guy like him around.  But I don't think BC is going to do anything like that, and it's not because of Bob, but because I'm betting he's waiting to see how 2022 plays out.

Interesting that the Angels extended David Fletcher for 5/26, a player I would say Frazier is cut from the same cloth. I think that's Frazier's market, and I think that's well within the Bucs means.

I liked Mark DeRosa's comment on MLB this morning about that signing. He said MLB doesn't have enough of these types of signings, teams either have a 340 million dollar player or league minimum. Teams always need Fletchers and Fraziers, because even the Yankees can't pay 30 million per position.

Yeah, I don't actually expect it to happen. But I think it would be a smart thing for the Pirates to do. Both to retain a useful player and for the PR benefit of finally paying a player (who is likely to only get a modest FA contract when he leaves anyway). And of course some fans will say it's not nearly enough but it will at least be a slight sign of encouragement to a fan base that never has any such sign and doesn't believe anything they tell us. But do I really think they will pay to keep Frazier......not a chance. :(
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

587578696E7F68282B1A0 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

I agree with you except the part about the fans. I think many will say it's just window dressing, they'll "never sign a GOOD player". I've admittedly never been that high on Frazier, but he is a solid, bona fide major leaguer. I would be in favor of them keeping a guy like him around.  But I don't think BC is going to do anything like that, and it's not because of Bob, but because I'm betting he's waiting to see how 2022 plays out.

Yeah, I don't actually expect it to happen. But I think it would be a smart thing for the Pirates to do. Both to retain a useful player and for the PR benefit of finally paying a player (who is likely to only get a modest FA contract when he leaves anyway). And of course some fans will say it's not nearly enough but it will at least be a slight sign of encouragement to a fan base that never has any such sign and doesn't believe anything they tell us. But do I really think they will pay to keep Frazier......not a chance. :(

You make good points, and I would be okay with BC signing Frazier, but the reason I think they won't offer him a contract is because of who they expect to be playing 2B within a year or two: Nick Gonzales. He was BC's first top draft choice and he's going to be given every opportunity to play. If Frazier were an outfielder, everything you said would be right on target.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

164056424D57474C4156644349454D480A47240 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

You make good points, and I would be okay with BC signing Frazier, but the reason I think they won't offer him a contract is because of who they expect to be playing 2B within a year or two:  Nick Gonzales.  He was BC's first top draft choice and he's going to be given every opportunity to play.  If Frazier were an outfielder, everything you said would be right on target.

Good point, Doc.
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: Frazier- he had a R or RBI in 1st, 2nd and 7th.  He kept the bases busy the entire day. 

You make good points, and I would be okay with BC signing Frazier, but the reason I think they won't offer him a contract is because of who they expect to be playing 2B within a year or two:  Nick Gonzales.  He was BC's first top draft choice and he's going to be given every opportunity to play.  If Frazier were an outfielder, everything you said would be right on target.

Good point, Doc.

Every now and then, Bobster, every now and then.
bucs607179

SOG/GOG

Post by bucs607179 »

SOG: Bullpen

No GOG but all those stranded base runners was tough to watch.