SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Polanco.

The only 0 for 4 in the lineup, stranded 2 runners. Reduced his BA to .208 and his OBP to .276 while batting 5th. Provided "protection" in the lineup for cleanup hitter by striking out with 2 outs after Moran doubled.

And just for being Polanco.

Honorable mention to Shelton for putting him in the lineup.

Dishonorable mention to Cherington for having him on the roster. 

I was told all off-season that Ben was unable to improve upon even one position on the diamond.

So, now, Ben is questioned for having Polanco out there.

Interesting.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

043126262D1426262D2A26430 wrote: Polanco.

The only 0 for 4 in the lineup, stranded 2 runners. Reduced his BA to .208 and his OBP to .276 while batting 5th. Provided "protection" in the lineup for cleanup hitter by striking out with 2 outs after Moran doubled.

I was told all off-season that Ben was unable to improve upon even one position on the diamond.

Interesting.
You must've been living in a parallel universe with alternating realities. In this universe, I don't believe anyone supported keeping Polanco except Shedman.
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

So, Ben WAS able to improve the roster?

As I wrote- interesting.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

1F2A3D3D360F3D3D36313D580 wrote: So, Ben WAS able to improve the roster?

As I wrote- interesting.
Who said he wasn't? What people said was that they understood that this was a rebuild and that he was not trying to build a MLB roster that would compete this year. That didn't stop him from adding modest additions like Anderson, Cahill, Underwood, Shreve or Difo. Or others who already came and went like Fowler, Frazier, Alford, Stokes and Vargas. Or some recent additions like Gamel and Tom.

Less than half of the current 26 man roster were here when BC took over after the 2019 season. They haven't been big moves but there have been a lot of them. So I don't even know what you're trying to say other than to act like a troll and start arguments. And that hasn't worked well for you in the past.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

063324242F1624242F2824410 wrote: Polanco.

Interesting.
________

Don't worry Weenie, it is all part of Cherington's master game plan.  Sometime about the year 2042(if man is still alive), we will have a winning record.
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

032E23323524337370410 wrote: So, Ben WAS able to improve the roster?

As I wrote- interesting.
Who said he wasn't? What people said was that they understood that this was a rebuild and that he was not trying to build a MLB roster that would compete this year. That didn't stop him from adding modest additions like Anderson, Cahill, Underwood, Shreve or Difo. Or others who already came and went like Fowler, Frazier, Alford, Stokes and Vargas. Or some recent additions like Gamel and Tom.

Less than half of the current 26 man roster were here when BC took over after the 2019 season. They haven't been big moves but there have been a lot of them. So I don't even know what you're trying to say other than to act like a troll and start arguments. And that hasn't worked well for you in the past.   

There you go again- accusing me of something that I'm not guilty of.

Read again what I wrote- I find comments "interesting." That's because I find them- interesting. I shouldn't be blamed for how you interpret that.

You shouldn't have much problem finding people who disagreed with my past remarks about how I felt that Ben could- and should- have been expected to have improved upon at least one position on a team that finished with the worst record in MLB last season.

So, yes. I do find the more recent remarks where people are critical of Polanco being out there.

Ben was NOT able to have imprroved upon the roster...until he was.

And, no. I am not "trolling," as you claim. I'm observing the change.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

0B3E2929221B29292225294C0 wrote: So, Ben WAS able to improve the roster?

As I wrote- interesting.

Read again what I wrote- I find comments "interesting."  That's because I find them- interesting.  I shouldn't be blamed for how you interpret that.

You shouldn't have much problem finding people who disagreed with my past remarks about how I felt that Ben could- and should- have been expected to have improved upon at least one position on a team that finished with the worst record in MLB last season.

So, yes.  I do find the more recent remarks where people are critical of Polanco being out there.

And, no. I am not "trolling," as you claim.  I'm observing the change.

First base has been improved. BING!!!!

The pitching staff has improved. BING!!!! (-2.2 WAR to a current +2.2 through almost same number of games)

A better winning percentage. BING!!!!

A massive overhaul now approaching the 60% range of NH personnel-you know the guy you and Shed said was the worst GM in Pirates history? BING!!!!
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

74525540494552444C270 wrote: So, Ben WAS able to improve the roster?

As I wrote- interesting.

Read again what I wrote- I find comments "interesting."  That's because I find them- interesting.  I shouldn't be blamed for how you interpret that.

So, yes.  I do find the more recent remarks where people are critical of Polanco being out there.

And, no. I am not "trolling," as you claim.  I'm observing the change.

First base has been improved. BING!!!!

The pitching staff has improved. BING!!!! (-2.2 WAR to a current +2.2 through almost same number of games)

A better winning percentage. BING!!!!

A massive overhaul now approaching the 60% range of NH personnel-you know the guy you and Shed said was the worst GM in Pirates history? BING!!!!

Please show me (Again) where I claimed that Ben Cherington is the worst general manager in Pirates history.

Then tell me who the troll is.