Official Game Thread - 6/8 - Bucs vs Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

If someone claims him, doesn't that mean a trade has to be worked out first? Maybe that's why they did this. Tom wasn't going to bring anything, and I think they'd have to offer him back to the original club.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: I know Difo and Evans seem to serve similar purpose, but I thought for sure that Tom was going to go
I'm very surprised about Difo. He's versatile and hitting .296 as one of the NL's top PHers. He won't clear waivers. Can't see how Tom is better for the team.

Difo has surprised me this season, he has done better than I expected. I thought his job was safe.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

05232431383423353D560 wrote: If someone claims him, doesn't that mean a trade has to be worked out first? Maybe that's why they did this. Tom wasn't going to bring anything, and I think they'd have to offer him back to the original club.
I was just reading up on DFA rules. The team has 7 days to either trade him OR waive him. So I suspect a trade has been worked out. But by using the DFA process they clear the roster spot immediately instead of waiting for the trade to be finalized.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

1D303D2C2B3A2D6D6E5F0 wrote: If someone claims him, doesn't that mean a trade has to be worked out first? Maybe that's why they did this. Tom wasn't going to bring anything, and I think they'd have to offer him back to the original club.
I was just reading up on DFA rules. The team has 7 days to either trade him OR waive him. So I suspect a trade has been worked out. But by using the DFA process they clear the roster spot immediately instead of waiting for the trade to be finalized.
Hope he goes to a winner somewhere. I'm still surprised, I honestly didn't think they'd bring Evans back so soon. Maybe because he was hitting well again down at Indy, maybe they think he's got his stroke back. I hope so.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

587578696E7F68282B1A0 wrote: Wait - let's get back to Possum. What sort of computer are you getting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4do-ZW11k" style="border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%">

It's not that outdated. It is a special Lenovo Windows PC that had a custom feature that automatically deletes troll posts from shedman and GW! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Polanco has dropped from 4th to 5th to 6th in the line-up over the past week or so. In another week, hopefully he'll be batting 10th. And why isn't Evans in RF and Gamel in left?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F495F4B445E4E45485F6D4A404C4441034E2D0 wrote: Polanco has dropped from 4th to 5th to 6th in the line-up over the past week or so.  In another week, hopefully he'll be batting 10th.  And why isn't Evans in RF and Gamel in left?
Because Polanco is currently in a 2 for 19 streak (.105) and they want to take advantage of him while he's hot. ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Polanco has dropped from 4th to 5th to 6th in the line-up over the past week or so.  In another week, hopefully he'll be batting 10th.  And why isn't Evans in RF and Gamel in left?
Because Polanco is currently in a 2 for 19 streak (.105) and they want to take advantage of him while he's hot.  ;D

Actually, that's pretty good for him. He might get another one of those singles to the shortstop again tonight.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C3A2C38372D3D363B2C1E39333F3732703D5E0 wrote: Polanco has dropped from 4th to 5th to 6th in the line-up over the past week or so.  In another week, hopefully he'll be batting 10th.  And why isn't Evans in RF and Gamel in left?
:D ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Possum, does this look more like your computer? :D