Official Game Thread 6/9/2021 LA Dodgers vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5F797E6B626E796F670C0 wrote: Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

The distances in the park are in honor of various players and teams, like 329 feet down left field line, to honor Adrian Beltre's #29.  Home plate to the wall behind it is 42 feet to honor Jackie Robinson. Stuff like that.

The retractable roof is 5.5 acres, and weighs 24 million pounds. The playing surface is an artificial surface, that uses ground up coconut husks and fibers as the fill, which has less "splashing" then similar surfaces.

The roof is a special polymer that is transparent to allow natural light, and is the largest single panel operable roof in the world.

Watching the Brewers and Reds right now. We all know about Great American Smallpark.
Watching Phillies and Braves no score 3rd inning
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

506E6B63706868634366716235070 wrote: Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

The distances in the park are in honor of various players and teams, like 329 feet down left field line, to honor Adrian Beltre's #29.  Home plate to the wall behind it is 42 feet to honor Jackie Robinson. Stuff like that.

The retractable roof is 5.5 acres, and weighs 24 million pounds. The playing surface is an artificial surface, that uses ground up coconut husks and fibers as the fill, which has less "splashing" then similar surfaces.

The roof is a special polymer that is transparent to allow natural light, and is the largest single panel operable roof in the world.

Watching the Brewers and Reds right now. We all know about Great American Smallpark.
Watching Phillies and Braves no score 3rd inning
Freddy Freeman batting 229.but has 13 HR
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6D4B4C59505C4B5D553E0 wrote: Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

Coconut husk surface? It probably sounds like this to run on.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Underway with Anderson striking out Betts looking
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

Coconut husk surface? It probably sounds like this to run on.

A moose once bit my sister.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0C2A2D38313D2A3C345F0 wrote: Why my mind wanders where it does, IDK. So I'm watching the Giants-Rangers game, and thought, "that looks like artificial surface". So I did research on the new digs for the Rangers, which amazes me that the franchise, which began in 1972, is already on their third stadium.

Just read some comments about Globe Life Field and the critics weren't kind, comparing it to a barn and a sheet metal warehouse. It doesn't look much like a ballpark from the outside.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Turner homers. It's the 11th in 12 starts off of Anderson.

1-0 Dodgers
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pujols lines a single to left
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm looking forward to the book Robbie plugged about Virdon. I was interviewed for it and had a good story for the author regarding Virdon at the fantasy camps.
shedman

Post by shedman »

Frazier gets entirely too many hits. We need to salary dump him for some suspects.