Anderson to wherever

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Anderson to wherever

Post by MaineBucs »

BC is now collecting a stable of young minor league players. While most likely will fail and never see PNC, this approach also could create a future opportunity for BC to add a young player or two in a trade to try and achieve a better return in a trade.

The Yankees have always seemed to use (often over-hyped) their minor league prospects as a means to bolster their major league roster, and others like the Padres are now taking a similar path. In short, you net 3 players through the recent trades who can play 2nd, but why care about the position they play if they show promise and can be dealt in the future to try and obtain other players/pitching that the team may need.

The return for Anderson is not mind-blowing, but it does add depth to the system and players who may have an upside.
MaineBucs

Anderson to wherever

Post by MaineBucs »

Oops - MLB Trade Rumors now reporting that the trade is on hold and that Anderson is at PNC and in a Pittsburgh uniform.

fjk090852-7

Anderson to wherever

Post by fjk090852-7 »

062A22252E093E28384B0 wrote: Oops -   MLB Trade Rumors now reporting that the trade is on hold and that Anderson is at PNC and in a Pittsburgh uniform.

Appears one of the Phils players has some medical issue that is the reason for the delay.
WiffleballHero

Anderson to wherever

Post by WiffleballHero »

A local Philly "reporter" (aka click-baiter) drops some wild speculation in his report on the medical hang-up of the trade, idly mentioning that Cherington was shoved aside when now-Phillies' GM Dombrowski came to Boston in 2015. So he's just wondering out loud if Cherington is pulling the rug out from under Dombrowski for kicks and giggles. Oh and the Mets have swooped in with a better offer in the meantime.

Paranoid and highly unlikely, but hilarious if true. I mean, Cherington is having quite a week.
IABucFan

Anderson to wherever

Post by IABucFan »

Anderson dealt to the Mariners. No word on return as of yet.
GreenWeenie

Anderson to wherever

Post by GreenWeenie »

Carter Bins and Joaquin Tejada. Maybe the thread tie needs edited.

Must've been a night for Anderson. First, you're pitching here. Then, you're going there. Same state, NL. Nope, you're going somewhere else. 3,000 miles away, AL. Whatever. All I know is you aren't staying here. @@@@
SammyKhalifa

Anderson to wherever

Post by SammyKhalifa »

457067676C5567676C6B67020 wrote: Maybe the thread tie needs edited.

Yeah.

As a Mariners fan I think I'd be pretty excited to get a back end help for what sounds like a pretty easy cost.

As a Pirates fan, I have no idea who these guys are; but I know that around draftpick-signing time we're often more interested in that #11 pick than some of the top ten because of how the bonuses work now. 

$350,000

The Mariners nabbed him 336th overall and negotiated a $350,000 signing bonus, a fifth-round value, according to MLB Pipeline's Jonathan Mayo. What's more, the Mariners are footing the bill for college tuition, Bins said.Jun 21, 2019

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/aquaso ... ins%20said.
ArnoldRothstein

Anderson to wherever

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

The official scorer has ruled that the perfect week is intact.
GreenWeenie

Anderson to wherever

Post by GreenWeenie »

467478786C5E7D74797C7374150 wrote: Maybe the thread tie needs edited.

Yeah.

As a Mariners fan I think I'd be pretty excited to get a back end help for what sounds like a pretty easy cost.

As a Pirates fan, I have no idea who these guys are; but I know that around draftpick-signing time we're often more interested in that #11 pick than some of the top ten because of how the bonuses work now. 

$350,000

The Mariners nabbed him 336th overall and negotiated a $350,000 signing bonus, a fifth-round value, according to MLB Pipeline's Jonathan Mayo. What's more, the Mariners are footing the bill for college tuition, Bins said.Jun 21, 2019

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/aquaso ... ins%20said.

Agree....though, let's be honest. No cost. Granted, a possible rental, but the Most could keep him. You never know.

A guy who goes 18 games and, no fewer than 5 innings in any. Lefty. For free.
Javy

Anderson to wherever

Post by Javy »

just heard on the local sports talk radio, that the catcher is the one who had the failed physical.

He was one of the players that the Braves were stripped of several years ago when they ran afoul of the international signing guidelines that cost their GM his job.

After what, 3-4 years? The guy was still in class A ball tells you he probably wasn't much of a prospect