2022 Scxhedule

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

2022 Scxhedule

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

715750454C40574149220 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.
I know a lot of it has to do with it being a Monday. The odd thing is, the Yankees are in Cleveland on Sunday the 3rd, so it's not like there's a whole lot of traveling to do for them.  I just looked at the MLB schedule, those are the only two teams not playing on the 4th.
It would have been perfect to have the Yankees here for a three game series instead of two.
[highlight]I think they have some sort of rotation now, but I'd be clueless if I knew what it was, other than they play an entire division every year plus your "rival".[/highlight] I don't even know how they determine which teams play home and home like the Pirates and Yanks are doing, or which teams visit and which teams we visit. Too bad Tampa isn't coming here, it would be interesting to see if Meadows got any kind of cheers. The Pirates are probably very thankful about this one, because by the time the Rays are here again, Glasnow, Baz, and Meadows will have already been traded if they're still playing.

One more reason why, when I take over, Interleague play will be eliminated before the first minute of my reign ends.
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

7C5A5D48414D5A4C442F0 wrote: I saw the schedule, severely disappointed though. I might change my plan, I've been running the half season weekend plan. This is who the Bucs have on weekends at PNC:

The Loo

Nats

Padres

Reds

The Loo

Dbacks

Giants

Brewers

Marlins

Reds

Blue Jays

The Loo

Cubs

Okay, now I know you'll see the division opponents....but the Reds twice and The Loo THREE TIMES??????

Padres, Giants, Blue Jays are nice. I like seeing all the division opponents ONCE.  Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox  all weekday opponents. I love being able to see the Mets and Phillies, but alas, they're also weekday.

7 of the 13 weekends are division opponents, along with the Nats and Marlins. I'd put a Mister Yuck sticker on next season's schedule. For the Pirates though, it's better because the Dodgers, Yanks and Red Sox are weekdays, better crowds for days they normally draw around 10K.
I messed up. They do play the Phillies on a weekend, right after the Marlins in back to back weekend home series.
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

3E687E6A657F6F64697E4C6B616D6560226F0C0 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

That's awful that they're off on the 4th!  Who's stupid idea is that?

I think it's some lady named Karen.
2drfischer@gmail.c

2022 Scxhedule

6C4A4D58515D4A5C543F0 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

Darn Boomers.
WildwoodDave2

2022 Scxhedule

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E283E2A253F2F24293E0C2B212D2520622F4C0 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

Darn Boomers.
Maybe Surg can sell you some Brewer tickets! :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

2022 Scxhedule

66585D55465E5E557550475403310 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

Darn Boomers.

Funny.
WildwoodDave2

2022 Scxhedule

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

742234202F35252E233406212B272F2A6825460 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

Darn Boomers.

Funny.

If they are free, Shedman will go
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

5A6461697A626269496C7B683F0D0 wrote:

I offered Shed free tickets earlier in the season. Didn't even give me a reply
WildwoodDave2

2022 Scxhedule

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

301611040D01160008630 wrote:

That is very unusual :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

2022 Scxhedule

1826232B3820202B0B2E392A7D4F0 wrote:

That is very unusual :D

Not really. Surge didn't offer to pay for his gas.