SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Cherington on 6/9 and Keller on 6/10.

The current count is:

Cherington - 1 (6/9)

Keller - 3 (6/10)

The standings are:

SOG

Keller - 4

Andersen 3.5

A.Frazier - 3

Brubaker - 3

Stallings - 3

Polanco - 1.5

bull pen -1

Moran - 1

Crowe - 1

Stokes - 1

Cahill - .5

Perez - .5

GOG

Polanco 4 1/2

Cahill - 4

Keller - 4

Polanco - 4

Brubaker - 2 1/2

Andersen - 2 1/3

Crowe - 2

Kuhl - 2

Underwood - 1.5

Feliz - 1

Oviedo - 1

Shelton - 1

Gonzalez - 1

T.Frazier - 1

Difo - 1

Newman - 1

Ponce - 1

Craig - 1

Rodriguez - 1

Hayes - 1
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

I heartily endorse Shelton for GOG for 6/11. Way to manage the BP! Oh, and great lineup!
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

You don't think that the lineup is given to him? I do. That part's on BC.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

497C6B6B60596B6B60676B0E0 wrote: You don't think that the lineup is given to him?  I do.  That part's on BC.
It's the mgr's job. It may be your opinion that BC is doing it but there is no evidence of that. And if it's true, it's a further indictment of Shelton for abdicating that responsibility.
WildwoodDave2

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7B565B4A4D5C4B0B08390 wrote: I heartily endorse Shelton for GOG for 6/11. Way to manage the BP! Oh, and great lineup!
.5 Holmes

.5 Cahill
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

644944555243541417260 wrote: You don't think that the lineup is given to him?  I do.  That part's on BC.
It's the mgr's job. It may be your opinion that BC is doing it but there is no evidence of that. And if it's true, it's a further indictment of Shelton for abdicating that responsibility.

It's not my opinion.  The hosts on MlLBNR have said- repeatedly- that the growing trend in today's game is that managers- especially lesser-experienced managers- to be told who to play and who to rest, and in some cases, that goes so far as to set the batting order.

It doesn't come directly from the general manager, but the GMs have the bean counters do the recommendation.  Some managers are occastionally allowed to over-ride it, but you knopw what happens when one over-rides the boss enough.

It has more to do with the money in the game and deciding when to rest guys and give some playing time.  Analytics go into it, too, of course.

More experienced managers have more free reign.  That would be guys like Girardi, Maddon, LaRussa, etc.

My presumption is that Shelton falls amoung the lesser-experienced managers category.

Since some of these hosts were once players and executives and have their sources, I choose to accept what they're saying to the world. 
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Holmes on 6/11.

The current count is:

Holmes - 1.5

Cherington - 1

Shelton

Cahill - .5

The standings are:

SOG

Keller - 4

Andersen 3.5

A.Frazier - 3

Brubaker - 3

Stallings - 3

Polanco - 1.5

bull pen -1

Moran - 1

Crowe - 1

Stokes - 1

Cahill - .5

Perez - .5

GOG

Keller - 5

Polanco 4 1/2

Cahill - 4

Keller - 4

Polanco - 4

Brubaker - 2 1/2

Andersen - 2 1/3

Crowe - 2

Kuhl - 2

Underwood - 1.5

Cherington - 1

Feliz - 1

Oviedo - 1

Shelton - 1

Gonzalez - 1

T.Frazier - 1

Difo - 1

Newman - 1

Ponce - 1

Craig - 1

Rodriguez - 1

Hayes - 1
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

053027272C1527272C2B27420 wrote: You don't think that the lineup is given to him?  I do.  That part's on BC.

It's not my opinion.  The hosts on MlLBNR have said- repeatedly- that the growing trend in today's game is that managers- especially lesser-experienced managers- to be told who to play and who to rest, and in some cases, that goes so far as to set the batting order.

It doesn't come directly from the general manager, but the GMs have the bean counters do the recommendation.  Some managers are occastionally allowed to over-ride it, but you knopw what happens when one over-rides the boss enough.

It has more to do with the money in the game and deciding when to rest guys and give some playing time.  Analytics go into it, too, of course.

More experienced managers have more free reign.  That would be guys like Girardi, Maddon, LaRussa, etc.

My presumption is that Shelton falls amoung the lesser-experienced managers category.

Since some of these hosts were once players and executives and have their sources, I choose to accept what they're saying to the world. 

________

Good informative post Weenie!
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

You know how FAST something happens....when one over-rides the boss...and LOSES. So, if you're going to over-ride the boss, you'd better be winning! ;)
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

3A212C2D242827490 wrote: You don't think that the lineup is given to him?  I do.  That part's on BC.

________

Good informative post Weenie!

Then fire the bean counters! There's better info right here at OBN! ;)