AL Division Series - Rays vs BoSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

I thought the Rays run was over when the Dodgers signed their GM, but they kept on going (and since, the Dodgers have as well).
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

32302A2C3A5F0 wrote: I thought the Rays run was over when the Dodgers signed their GM, but they kept on going (and since, the Dodgers have as well).

Like the Red Sox' run would end after.....
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6E382E3A352F3F34392E1C3B313D3530723F5C0 wrote: I got a chuckle out of Nelson Cruz's HR off the C-Ring last night.  It reminded me of when we were kids and how we'd make similar rules.  A ball in the bush behind second base was one base.  Hitting the tree in center field was a triple.  Hitting Mrs. Rosen's house was an out. 

If they intend to stay in Tampa, the Rays really need a different ballpark.  But it won't happen as long as their attendance is so poor.

I guess it was an out because Mrs. Rosen came running out of the house and grabbed the ball and kept it. :'(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0F2E260F242C4B0 wrote: I got a chuckle out of Nelson Cruz's HR off the C-Ring last night.  It reminded me of when we were kids and how we'd make similar rules.  A ball in the bush behind second base was one base.  Hitting the tree in center field was a triple.  Hitting Mrs. Rosen's house was an out. 

If they intend to stay in Tampa, the Rays really need a different ballpark.  But it won't happen as long as their attendance is so poor.

I guess it was an out because Mrs. Rosen came running out of the house and grabbed the ball and kept it.  :'(

That reminds me of the time when our ball rolled into the neighbors yard one time too many. The guy took it and said he wouldn't give it back. So my brother charged into his yard, took one of his lawn chairs, and told him he'd get it back when we got our ball back. We got our ball back.

I never understood why someone would care if a ball went into his yard. It's a ball, not a bull dozer.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

A ball for a lawn chair. I rate that trade even Steven.

If that was Mr. Huntington's lawn, he would've given you a new teammate or two.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

477265656E5765656E6965000 wrote: A ball for a lawn chair.  I rate that trade even Steven.

If that was Mr. Huntington's lawn, he would've given you a new teammate or two.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I better be careful. I participated in straying Off Topic from the playoff game. 5- yard penalty.

Just trying to lighten the mood a little.

As with so many things, this, too, will pass. ;))
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Baz pitching for TB, Jordan Luplow with a 1st inning grand slam.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

055345515E44545F524577505A565E5B1954370 wrote: Tampa.
BoSox come out swinging- 14-6
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0F31343C2F37373C1C392E3D6A580 wrote: Tampa.
BoSox come out swinging- 14-6

Baz is not so great after all!