Article on contract status of current Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

7C495E5E556C5E5E55525E3B0 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

Of course, I probably won't be able to pay him, but that'll be another story.  :((
You just need a tv deal. "Keeping up with the GW lawn"
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

By 2050, I'll probably be somewhere UNDER that lawn....and, Michael Perez will own my place.  :(

And, all of us will still be waiting to.... see what we have.  ;))))
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

183E392C25293E28204B0 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

Of course, I probably won't be able to pay him, but that'll be another story.  :((
Weenie has to buy a TV first. keep telling him that the Motel Owners here in Wildwood Replace their old TVs and they are in good condition. They just put them out on the curb. First come first serve.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: What time's Lawrence Welk on? 

That's the way things are.  What did they pay for houses, cars, college educations for their kids, agents, TAXES..... 

Owners make a heckuva lot more money these days, too. 

Nobody mentions that.

They make money because we're willing to pay for TV packages, clothing, you name it.  Stuff didn't exist back then.  Just the way it is.

Today's money looks cheap next week.

the biggest factor in old days was the reserve clause. These days it is the basic agreement and service time. Players almost always get a raise in arbitration but for most of them it is lower than they would get if they were free agents every year.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

6957525A4951515A7A5F485B0C3E0 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

Weenie has to buy a TV first. keep telling him that the Motel Owners here in Wildwood Replace their old TVs and they are in good condition. They just put them out on the curb. First come first serve.

The last time, they had them out on the curb, across from your old place.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

77494C44574F4F446441564512200 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

That's GW's style. No way does he go dumpster diving for a new tv. Maybe he should go to Best Buy for an open box deal on a slightly used model. :D :D :D :D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's probably been going on 25 years since I've owned one. Technically, I've owned them, but they were in storage. Haven't skipped a beat. In all this time, there's been only a handful of things I've missed.

There's two types of television programming- "Bad" and "Off." So, why have one?

I'd rather watch games at restaurants, so I don't hear the announcers that folks here tend to whine about. It's like certain Threads on here- I don't go there if I know that they bother me.

I see enough bad baseball to know what we have. So, I don't watch much. That's for sure.

I find other ways to get the job done.

We can finish dead last without me.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

655B5E56455D5D567653445700320 wrote: The PPG has an article on the contract status of the current Pirates.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2110070189

The only free agents are Cahill, Miller and Tsutsugo. Shreve did not get the service time needed to make him a free agent now.

Arb eligible:  Shreve, Chad Kuhl, Ben Gamel, Wilmer Difo, Colin Moran, Chris Stratton, Steven Brault, Jacob Stallings, Kevin Newman, Michael Perez and Bryan Reynolds.
I remember the Good Old Days when your contract depended on recent performance. How could someone like Perez think he should get a raise?

He won't.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

Good Tvs not even black and white
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0E30353D2E36363D1D382F3C6B590 wrote: I think I'll have Moran come over to cut my grass in 2050.  :)

Good Tvs not even black and white
Heck even Doc's family got with the times when he was a kid, going from the black and white to the full color cave drawings.