The Arm Barn

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

The Arm Barn

Post by GreenWeenie »

466B66777061763635040 wrote: This past season, they cracked down on that Spider Tack stuff.  I guess "bullpen" is 2022's pet project.  I AM allowed to write "pet," aren't I?
As long as you don't add an A and make it PETA. :)

I hope MLB's response to the silly bullpen issue is to ignore it or else just laugh at it. No sense in legitimizing silliness like this by taking it seriously. 

Agree. While MLB is perfectly able to send an edict to every club, I'd suggest leaving this up to all of the media that cover clubs and let the program managers make their individual decisions. If they want announcers and writers to use a term other than "bullpen," fine. If they want to continue using "bullpen," then that's fine, too.

There are other matters more pressing than this to protest, IMO.

==============

I say, turn the tables around on Peta. We'll change 'bullpen' after they quit putting their significant others in "the doghouse."

===============

As a Phillies fan friend usdd to tell me, "This is a whole bunch of nothing." And, as we all know, Phillies fans know nothing! ;)
fjk090852-7

The Arm Barn

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This changing team names etc is becoming crazy. Some people in my opinion are nuts. They must lay wake at night and think of these things. Team names such as Indians, Braves, or terms like bullpen are historical baseball references and should remain.
DemDog

The Arm Barn

Post by DemDog »

Looks like the Cleveland Guardians Baseball Team is in a mess with the new name. The Cleveland Guardians Roller Derby team is suing. :D :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Arm Barn

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

If the Indians felt it was the right thing to do to change their name, that's up to them. What I didn't understand was why they didn't choose a name that made a connection to the city and Lake Erie. Names like "Corsairs", "Captains", or "Admirals" would've made more sense to me.
Bobster21

The Arm Barn

Post by Bobster21 »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote:

Looks like the Cleveland Guardians Baseball Team is in a mess with the new name.  The Cleveland Guardians Roller Derby team is suing.   :D :D :D :D
The Indians should take advantage of this chance to choose a better name and use the excuse that it was for legal reasons and not because the new name sounded stupid.
BellevueBuc

The Arm Barn

Post by BellevueBuc »

I don't know how they expect to be taken seriously. Do cows watch baseball and birds watch golf?

People donate money to this weird organization?