Chad Kuhl Was a Salary Dump

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

As far as Kuhl and Brault, I would just as soon throw a prospect or three into the mix to see what they might have.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

1F353E0E392F2F234C0 wrote: I would have to think they attempted to trade guys like Kuhl, or Brault , but there were no takers. Even if they received a low minor league player that would have been better than just designating them for assignment.

they 100% tried to trade them.
If I had a chance to talk to Ben Cherington, I would ask him about Kuhl and Brault's trade discussions. I love Brault, but I can understand his non-tender because his health is suspect for the upcoming season, and it's better to let the younger pitchers have at it.

No one picked them up on waivers, so not hard to think there was no trade interest. a team that trades for them would also he stuck with their arbitration salaries.  These are minor league FA types. Why pay a premium for a 5th starter/long reliever?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Any team that we would have aimed Brault and Kuhl at probably has a Brault and Kuhl somewhere in their own system, so why would they want ours? Doesn't surprise me that they passed.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

0D382F2F241D2F2F24232F4A0 wrote: Any team that we would have aimed Brault and Kuhl at probably has a Brault and Kuhl somewhere in their own system, so why would they want ours?  Doesn't surprise me that they passed.

Very true. And if they didnt have them, its not hard to add them.