Neil Cruz injury comeback

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Neil Cruz injury comeback

Post by Possum »

The big hype going around on the local sports talk programs is that Todd Tomczyk the Director of Sports Medicine, I graduated from college with his dad sayes that Cruz has reached a "plateau" in his healing. That means that Cruz has not stopped healing but will continue to do so throughout the rest of the season and during the off-season. You can bet your bottom dollar that Cruz will rehab here in Pgh rather than go to play winter ball in the DR. Tomczyk also consulted with NBA teams about how they treat and rehab players with ankle injuries.
What are your thoughts?
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Re: Neil Cruz injury comeback

Post by Surgnbuck »

I tore my Achilles tendon in 2019, and have never fully recovered. Most of all, the atrophy in my lower leg is still present 4 years later, despite physical therapy and continuing to exercise. Now, Cruz has a much more attentive medical staff than I did, not to mention he's 38 years younger. So his prognosis would be better than mine. But his type of injury is complex, and needing surgery is much different than someone with a fracture that needed just a cast.

I think people who remember Rennie Stennett understand what could possibly happen. There's a good chance he'll never be the same.
Possum

Re: Neil Cruz injury comeback

Post by Possum »

I remember Stennet and his ability to come back. I think this the reason that the Bucs will monitor Cruz's rehab here in the states.
Let's Go Bucs