Possible start to season in May-

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

437661616A5361616A6D61040 wrote: Nobody has died because of changes instituted by MLB.  The world didn't come to an end when they made divisional changes, and it won't end the next time.

So, I don't care what decisions they make. It's still a matter of one guy at bat trying to get a hit against some pitcher and eight teammates who try to get him out.

The choice they gave me is to either wait eight months to watch baseball or to wait 18 months.

I'll chose eight months.

Batter up.  Play ball!

Oh come on, in the entire country, do you really believe not a single person will die of a broken heart when the NL adopts the DH? ;)
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I wouldn't be surprised if it caused BOB to lose it, but not of a broken heart.

If that guy has to go out and PAY some guy who can actually hit a baseball consistently, he will die of a broken WALLET. He still hasn't figured out how to open one.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Relating back to earlier in the thread, about the hundreds of millions of dollars in refunds that will have to be paid out, and my concern mostly for concerts and NASCAR:

Ticketmaster is agreeing to refund people for the Rolling Stones concerts that are officially "postponed". The catch is, you have to wait 30 days before you see the refund. So I have that money coming back to me.

However, they are pointing some stuff out to ticket holders of other concerts that are postponed, and why they aren't giving out refunds. THE SMALL PRINT. You know that stuff most of us blow by.

Turns out, the small print says if a concert is postponed, they don't have to give refunds. You either wait for a rescheduled date, and if that date is inconvenient for you to attend, they will give you a credit.

Why they are giving refunds for the Stones is a matter of speculation, but I jumped right on requesting my refund.
shedman

Post by shedman »

https://pittsburghsportscastle.com/2020 ... m-playoff/
________
If they would add about 20 wild cards, then Nutting could claim that we make the playoffs every year!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6B707D7C757976180 wrote: https://pittsburghsportscastle.com/2020 ... m-playoff/
________
If they would add about 20 wild cards, then Nutting could claim that we make the playoffs every year!

Never heard of this site but they guy who writes it is a man of sound reasoning and hits the nail squarely on the head. Thanks for the link.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

5A414C4D444847290 wrote: https://pittsburghsportscastle.com/2020 ... m-playoff/
________
Thanks for the link. Like Possum, I wasn'r aware of this site. But their analysis was spot on. In fact, they're the first site that matched my opening day starting lineup! (So they must be smart!) ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A505B6B5C4A4A46290 wrote: https://pittsburghsportscastle.com/2020 ... m-playoff/
________
Thanks for the link. Like Possum, I wasn'r aware of this site. But their analysis was spot on. In fact, they're the first site that matched my opening day starting lineup! (So they must be smart!)  ;D
The article makes a good point about Nutting. But I think it's the obvious point that anyone who follows the team realizes. They have established a policy of doing the bare minimum to avoid the appearance of not even trying while not making a legitimate attempt to compete. NH summed it up a couple seasons ago when he said the goal was to assemble a team capable of winning 78-82 games and hoping for occasional over-achievement. Keep the fans believing that the team is close enough to .500 so if everything goes right, they could get enough over that mark to be a WC team. So of course if MLB lowers the standard to let more teams in the post season the number of wins needed becomes even less. Which requires even less effort from the Pirates to be on the outskirts of contention.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

627974757C707F110 wrote: https://pittsburghsportscastle.com/2020 ... m-playoff/
________

And not just Nutting. How many of his previous Front Office-defenders rolled out that excuse time after time?
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Well, this thread has sure sidetracked.

This isn't anything new at all.

When it comes to Pirates fans and their opinions on Nutting, MLB could do anything and that wouldn't change.  He's still going to field inferior teams.  They may do well in the eyes of some, but that's not even close to championship level.

As for the rest? I'm not buying. Win the division and quit telling me how "unfair" something is.
shedman

Post by shedman »

132631313A0331313A3D31540 wrote: Well, this thread has sure sidetracked.

This isn't anything new at all.

When it comes to Pirates fans and their opinions on Nutting, MLB could do anything and that wouldn't change.  He's still going to field inferior teams.  They may do well in the eyes of some, but that's not even close to championship level.

As for the rest?  I'm not buying.  Win the division and quit telling me how "unfair" something is.

BOB's teams have not won a Division Championship the entire time he has been here and this year isn't looking too good either. But if they add 20 wild card teams, he can say "well, we made the playoffs."