Official Game Thread - 4/7 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F78696D68754A7E696868750C0 wrote: I sound like a broken record saying this but call Todd Frazier up in time for the opener tomorrow and get his bat in the lineup somewhere. This team needs offense right now with Hayes out and it will at least improve their chances of maybe scoring some runs. The best lineup the Pirates can run out everyday until Hayes comes back is this.

A Frazier 2nd
Reynolds CF
Moran 1st/3rd
T Frazier 1st/3rd
Evans LF
Newman SS
Polanco RF
Stallings C
I agree get Todd Frazier up, and play him at third. I would also put Evans in right field, Adam Frazier in left with Gonzalez at shortstop and Newman at second base.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Well - This series in Cincinnati sure won't help sell the tickets that remain available for Saturday's and Sunday's game, even though you are only trying to seat 7,500 or so.

Time to put Laura Nyro's rendition of Gonna Take a Miracle on the headset just to give me a short burst of hope.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well ever since the opener last Thursday these last 5 games on this opening road trip were a complete and total disaster. I wanna say things can’t any worse especially since the Pirates got outscored 25-5 the last two games and 30-8 overall in this Reds series but I’m afraid they will get worse. The bad news here is this is only 6 games into the season here on April 7th with 156 games left. What are things gonna look like in June and July.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5A767E797255627464170 wrote: Well - This series in Cincinnati sure won't help sell the tickets that remain available for Saturday's and Sunday's game, even though you are only trying to seat 7,500 or so.

Time to put Laura Nyro's rendition of Gonna Take a Miracle on the headset just to give me a short burst of hope. 

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4E4243181118101D1A051F280 wrote: I sound like a broken record saying this but call Todd Frazier up in time for the opener tomorrow and get his bat in the lineup somewhere. This team needs offense right now with Hayes out and it will at least improve their chances of maybe scoring some runs. The best lineup the Pirates can run out everyday until Hayes comes back is this.

A Frazier 2nd
Reynolds CF
Moran 1st/3rd
T Frazier 1st/3rd
Evans LF
Newman SS
Polanco RF
Stallings C
I agree get Todd Frazier up, and play him at third. I would also put Evans in right field, Adam Frazier in left with Gonzalez at shortstop and Newman at second base. Yea let me change that lineup I don’t want Polanco playing anymore. Here is my revised lineup based on what you just said.

A Frazier LF
Reynolds CF
Moran 1st
T Frazier 3rd
Newman 2nd
Evans RF
Gonzalez SS
Stallings C
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Even though I knew what the season had in store for us it's still depressing as hell to watch this train wreck. :-/

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Taillon listed for the Yankees tonight.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea the way this starting pitching staff is going right now I’d say best case scenario they go 2-5 these next 7 games at home against the Cubs and Padres. That puts them at 3-10 if that happens and that is best case scenario.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Guys, you've got this all backwards. This is a very successful season so far. Remember, the objective is to get the first round draft pick again next year. The way the Pirates are playing, they'll meet that goal with no problem. If you just pretend it's a pennant race in reverse, this will seem like 1979 all over again.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

321413060F0314020A610 wrote: Difo is an awful baserunner

I coached kids in little league that had more base running instincts than Difo exhibited on that play. He should have scored standing up. You can't teach a guy he needs to take 3 steps toward home plate . If the ball is caught he just returns to the bag and still has time to tag. Even if that was not the case , there are 2 outs and the "preference" would be to score if the ball was not caught. I coached baseball from 8 year olds to 25 year olds and for the most part players that are bad baserunners will never be good baserunners.