Official Game Thread - 6/11 - Bucs @ Brewcrew

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

If I'm looking for a little Competence, I might not know where to find some...but, I have a good idea where I WON'T. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: Shelton's managing is just as embarrassing as anything his players do on the field as he relentlessly demonstrates why no one had ever previously hired him to manage. There seems to be a complete disconnect between any decision he makes and common sense.

He rests Reynolds and Stallings 4 days after a day off to field a lineup with 6 players batting under .210.

He pulls Howard after retiring all 4 batters he faced on only 12 pitches/9 strikes.

He orders an intentional walk to load the bases when Holmes had already thrown over half of his pitches for balls. Holmes not surprisingly walks the next batter.

He brings in Cahill with the bases loaded when Cahill hasn't pitched in 3 weeks and hasn't pitched in relief all season. 2 more bases loaded walks. Thanks, Shelton. I guess Holmes and Cahill need a lesson on executing their pitches. You know, like Crowe did when you left him in to give up a grand slam following a triple, a walk, a single, and a 4-pitch walk.

As bad as this team is and, oh boy it's bad, Shelton finds a way to make it even worse with his mind boggling incompetence.
Obviously doing his best to obtain next years #1 pick. Will be interested what he does when the bucs play Arizona who are 20-44
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: I didn't listen to the game last night.  I just saw the highlights on MLB.com.  A sincere congrats to Gregory Polanco for hitting the HR.  But seriously, he flips his bat and pounds his chest toward the dugout like he's a star player?  He's batting .200 on June 11 and puts on that display as if he homers all the time?  Wow, does he have a set on him!
I noticed that too. Maybe that was on his bucket list of things he wanted to do before he gets released.

Then I'm glad he had one last hurrah. He looked like a fool, though. If I were him, I'd be so embarrassed by my play so far that I'd have dropped the bat, put my head down, moved quickly around the bases, and then slinked into the dugout.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: I didn't listen to the game last night.  I just saw the highlights on MLB.com.  A sincere congrats to Gregory Polanco for hitting the HR.  But seriously, he flips his bat and pounds his chest toward the dugout like he's a star player?  He's batting .200 on June 11 and puts on that display as if he homers all the time?  Wow, does he have a set on him!
I noticed that too. Maybe that was on his bucket list of things he wanted to do before he gets released.

Then I'm glad he had one last hurrah.  He looked like a fool, though.  If I were him, I'd be so embarrassed by my play so far that I'd have dropped the bat, put my head down, moved quickly around the bases, and then slinked into the dugout.
Polanco has never demonstrated much of a baseball IQ. That did make him look like a fool. He would have been better off acting nonchalant as if hitting a HR was no big deal for him. Instead he made the moment laughable with his obviously misplaced arrogance.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5F727F6E69786F2F2C1D0 wrote: I didn't listen to the game last night.  I just saw the highlights on MLB.com.  A sincere congrats to Gregory Polanco for hitting the HR.  But seriously, he flips his bat and pounds his chest toward the dugout like he's a star player?  He's batting .200 on June 11 and puts on that display as if he homers all the time?  Wow, does he have a set on him!

Then I'm glad he had one last hurrah.  He looked like a fool, though.  If I were him, I'd be so embarrassed by my play so far that I'd have dropped the bat, put my head down, moved quickly around the bases, and then slinked into the dugout.
Polanco has never demonstrated much of a baseball IQ. That did make him look like a fool. He would have been better off acting nonchalant as if hitting a HR was no big deal for him. Instead he made the moment laughable with his obviously [highlight]misplaced arrogance.[/highlight]

Bingo!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I've been a Pirates fan so long that I didn't even know that were was such a thing as Baseball IQ. :(((