9/9 Brault silences the Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates should be on a 4 game winning streak right now if Watson doesn't give up a homer on an 0-2 pitch in the 9th and the Pirates find a way to win this game tonight like they should have. Teams that are playoff teams just don't lose that game Tuesday against the Cards or tonight against the Reds.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Mets and Cards probably both are going to win tonight too which will continue to sink the Pirates wildcard hopes yet again by another game. Unless the Pirates go on a 9-10 game winning streak in the next week or so come next week this time I expect them to essentially be close to being eliminated in the wildcard race. Quite frankly the sooner the better.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

The bringing in of Hanson to run for Jaso and the pitcher wasn't even looking him back, I was astounded that he wasn't allowed to take 2nd, just shows how poor manager Hurdle is. He could have walked into second. The single that followed by Polanco could have scored him making to score 4 to 3. I went back and watched it the guy made 5 or 6 pitches to Polanco and never looked at 1st base one time. Why would you bring in a fast runner and then not let him run.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Watson always seems to get in trouble with the first batter he faces. His stats for the first batter he faces are:

AB-54
H-15
2B-2
HR-1
BB-8
HBP-1
BA-.278
OBP-.381
SLG-.418
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Last night's loss was really the nail in the coffin for me. I've had and seen enough of this team this season. Huge offseason coming up for this organization. A lot of improvements need to be made across the board for this team to get back to where it was the previous 3 seasons.
Quail

Post by Quail »

45627377726F50647372726F160 wrote: Last night's loss was really the nail in the coffin for me. I've had and seen enough of this team this season. Huge offseason coming up for this organization. A lot of improvements need to be made across the board for this team to get back to where it was the previous 3 seasons.

Sadly Freddy I agree about the current season. They're done. I'm watching them now only to see how the young players like Bell, Frazier, Taillon, Kuhl, Brault, Rivero, etc. perform.

This offseason will indeed be huge. The Pirates will have to assemble a starting rotation and bullpen with only a handful of 'probable' arms to begin the process. It'll be interesting to see if they spend, trade or dumpster dive as their primary strategy. I know what I think it'll be but I'm hoping I'm wrong.