9/9 Brault silences the Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This loss tonight is why this team is not going to the playoffs this season. They just blow so many golden opportunities time and time again. Hurdle managed this game like a complete moron tonight too. Nothing he did made sense.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The Pirates can't just lose; they have to slowly torture you to death.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

212630383621666A13343E323A3F7D303C3E530 wrote: Come on Josh!!

I am SO sick of JHay swinging away.  Hey Josh, there guy is rattled, can you take a !@#* pitch!!

I'm sick of this bullpen (TERRIBLE TRADE NEAL!!) and especially Tony Watson (now we've got a new hole for next year).

I'm sick of Cutch's noodle arm in CF.

I'm sick of Hurdle, And sick of choking! I agree JHay is just so reckless more times then not either on the bases or at the plate. I wouldn't mind if Harrison was moved this offseason. He hustles I'll give him that but he is just not a very smart player at all.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

2A2D3B333D2A6D61183F35393134763B3735580 wrote: Come on Josh!!

I am SO sick of JHay swinging away.  Hey Josh, there guy is rattled, can you take a !@#* pitch!!

I'm sick of this bullpen (TERRIBLE TRADE NEAL!!) and especially Tony Watson (now we've got a new hole for next year).

I'm sick of Hurdle, And sick of choking!
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: Once again the Pirates give no indication they believe they are in the WC chase. Listless, getting picked off, no clutch hits, lousy relief pitching, questionable managing decisions. It makes no difference how many games out they are. They don't even appear to be trying.
Agreed and this has to be laid at the feet of Hurdle and Neal.  They are suppose to be leading this team and this team is going no where because of them. The decision to put Watson in as closer no matter how bad he does is just plain stupid. He was ok as setup but not a closer.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I think I'm more ticked off about the closer situation than anything - how can the FO create such a hole at the trade deadline. This one move has sunk the ship.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

133425212439063225242439400 wrote: Come on Josh!!

I'm sick of Hurdle, And sick of choking! I agree JHay is just so reckless more times then not either on the bases or at the plate. I wouldn't mind if Harrison was moved this offseason. He hustles I'll give him that but he is just not a very smart player at all.

I was ticked that Harrison swung at the first pitch. But Harrison is the ONLY player that looks and plays like he cares. I'll take Harrison any day over the cast of zombies that are charading as the Pittsburgh Pirates
rucker59@gmail.com

5F7A79796C477A727067150 wrote: Come on Josh!!

I was ticked that Harrison swung at the first pitch. But Harrison is the ONLY player that looks and plays like he cares. I'll take Harrison any day over the cast of zombies that are charading as the Pittsburgh Pirates

Overall I agree with you. I can't imagine how dead this team would be without JHay, but he's got to play smarter and his AB in the 9th was especially bad. He's GOT to score the man from 3rd.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gotta quit using Watson in the 9th. Rivero is a better option at this point. Hurdle pretty much just defended Harrison swinging at the first pitch in the 9th. Shows you why this team is where it is. I've said this before I don't like a lot of the things Hurdle is doing with this team. If this continues to happen next season and this team struggles under his watch then there needs to start being some talk of maybe a managerial change.
rucker59@gmail.com

426574707568576374757568110 wrote: Gotta quit using Watson in the 9th. Rivero is a better option at this point. Hurdle pretty much just defended Harrison swinging at the first pitch in the 9th. Shows you why this team is where it is. I've said this before I don't like a lot of the things Hurdle is doing with this team. If this continues to happen next season and this team struggles under his watch then there needs to start being some talk of maybe a managerial change.

The problem is Rivero allowing too many baserunners as well. I think he's a great potential closer but only if he limits men on base.