Possible start to season in May-

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Lecom

Post by Lecom »

5A7B735A71791E0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

MLB Considers Radical Move for 2020 Season

Holy Shit!   :o :o :o :o :o

NO NO a thousand times NO!!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

65444C654E46210 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

With this realignment of teams I see something positive: the Pirates won't lose to the Brewers 15 times during the year. I hate those guys.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

103B29133B26373D3112313C315E0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

ugh, no no no.  Not because of competition this season, but because this is the gateway to the permanent radical realignment and getting rid of the American and National Leagues that they've been talking about.
Temporary!
They'll use it as a test drive to try to convince people it would the right way to go moving forward.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

02303C3C281A39303D383730510 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

ugh, no no no.  Not because of competition this season, but because this is the gateway to the permanent radical realignment and getting rid of the American and National Leagues that they've been talking about.
Temporary!
They'll use it as a test drive to try to convince people it would the right way to go moving forward.
Maybe I've missed something in the rumor mill, but why are you thinking this way?
2drfischer@gmail.c

5D76645E766B7A707C5F7C717C130 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Temporary!
Maybe I've missed something in the rumor mill, but why are you thinking this way?

I think the reason is because baseball has always been a regional game, and I think the owners want to better capture that. I've felt for some time now that MLB has wanted to restructure the two leagues, mixing American and National League teams together, to create regional rivalries. I feel that was the purpose of playing Interleague games, to get us fans used to the mixing of the two leagues.

Remember when Interleague games were only played at certain times during the year, and they were special? With the moving of the Astros and the balancing of the leagues, now they're played throughout the season and I don't even notice them anymore. Box scores used to be printed by league in the papers every morning, now they're mixed together as if to say, "Baseball is one entity now, not two". Umpires no longer serve one league, but both. These are the little things that have been done to move us towards accepting restructuring. I think when they expand by two more teams, that's when the realignment will come.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

287E687C736979727F685A7D777B737634791A0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Temporary!

I think the reason is because baseball has always been a regional game, and I think the owners want to better capture that.  I've felt for some time now that MLB has wanted to restructure the two leagues, mixing American and National League teams together, to create regional rivalries.  I feel that was the purpose of playing Interleague games, to get us fans used to the mixing of the two leagues. 

Remember when Interleague games were only played at certain times during the year, and they were special?  With the moving of the Astros and the balancing of the leagues, now they're played throughout the season and I don't even notice them anymore.  Box scores used to be printed by league in the papers every morning, now they're mixed together as if to say, "Baseball is one entity now, not two".  Umpires no longer serve one league, but both.  These are the little things that have been done to move us towards accepting restructuring.  I think when they expand by two more teams, that's when the realignment will come.

I think this is right and hope it is still a long way away. Impressed that you get a paper that still prints box scores. I hardly ever look at box scores anymore because it is a pain to find them online. I look at Pirates on mlb.com or espn but that is usually it.
shedman

Post by shedman »

782E382C233929222F380A2D272B232664294A0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Temporary!

I think the reason is because baseball has always been a regional game, and I think the owners want to better capture that.  I've felt for some time now that MLB has wanted to restructure the two leagues, mixing American and National League teams together, to create regional rivalries.  I feel that was the purpose of playing Interleague games, to get us fans used to the mixing of the two leagues. 

Remember when Interleague games were only played at certain times during the year, and they were special?  With the moving of the Astros and the balancing of the leagues, now they're played throughout the season and I don't even notice them anymore.  Box scores used to be printed by league in the papers every morning, now they're mixed together as if to say, "Baseball is one entity now, not two".  Umpires no longer serve one league, but both.  These are the little things that have been done to move us towards accepting restructuring.  I think when they expand by two more teams, that's when the realignment will come.
______
WOW, you must have really struggled when they went from just Amercan League and National League to the Division Structure.
2drfischer@gmail.c

0A2C2D3A2C3C4F0 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Temporary!

I think this is right [highlight]and hope it is still a long way away.[/highlight]  Impressed that you get a paper that still prints box scores.  I hardly ever look at box scores anymore because it is a pain to find them online.  I look at Pirates on mlb.com or espn but that is usually it.

I think it's still a few years away. I don't think expansion will happen anytime soon so it might be another 10-15 years before realignment occurs. I don't know it MLB is in any hurry, but they have been laying the groundwork for this for a few years now.
2drfischer@gmail.c

342F22232A2629470 wrote: Check this out Pirate Fans.  You think the NL Central would be tough test for the Pirates, how about the Grapefruit League North Division?

Temporary!

______
WOW, you must have really struggled when they went from just  Amercan League and National League to the Division Structure.

Why would I have struggled?  The leagues remained the same, MLB just regionalized the teams within the leagues. 
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

This is what scares me: "The DH would likely be universally implemented as well."

I can't imagine it would go away if they use it for a clown season like this.