Brian Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

It improved the moment his tail lights couldn't be seen!  ;)
DemDog

Brian Reynolds

Post by DemDog »

From what I heard, the minute he arrived in Wildwood it turned into a slum! ;) ;) ;) ;)
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

It did. But Superstorm Sandy helped to wash some of it away.
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: I don't know the guy, but that's probably not the case.  Unless someone on here knows something that I don't, I wouldn't think that Reynolds has anything against Pittsburgh.  The fans have been supportive of him.

Most players spend very little time in the city where they play.  McCutchen and Walker are the exceptions.  They lived in the area.  Other players are in town for the season- six months- and travel to away gams for have of that.  They can live anywhere they want.

Keep upping offers, and you'd be surprised how much guys like the city.  If a Mario Lemieux can leave Quebec for The Burgh, anyone can grow to like it.

He might want to leave the Pirates.  I don't know.  But, that's not the same as wanting to leave the city.
I think WD2 was referring to getting away from the Pirates, not the city. The Pirates offer nothing in the form of competitiveness to their players. And those who have the ability to earn big bucks will get good or better offers from other teams. The Pirates offer rookies and fringe players the chance to establish a career. But those who succeed have no incentive to remain with the Pirates any longer than is necessary.
That's exactly what I meant Bobster. Also, as soon as I left East Liberty, it was completely remodeled  :D
That's all they were waiting for.  ;D ;D ;D
You bet. They gave me a car to leave. :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0C2D250C272F480 wrote: From what I heard, the minute he arrived in Wildwood it turned into a slum!   ;) ;) ;) ;)
I have fond memories of changing tires at the old Sears store in East Liberty in the late 60's. I even learned how to balance them as well. ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Surprised no one stole them out from under you.
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote: From what I heard, the minute he arrived in Wildwood it turned into a slum!   ;) ;) ;) ;)
I have fond memories  of changing tires at the old Sears store in East Liberty in the late 60's. I even learned how to balance them as well. ;D ;D
The Italians controlled the neighbor back then- you know what that means!!
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Means The Beginning Of The End.
mouse

Brian Reynolds

Post by mouse »

MLBTR is reporting that Reynolds has turned down one extension offer already.
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

NBD. I wouldn't accept a first offer, either; especially knowing who it came from.