Official Game Thread - 8/24 - Bucs vs Dbacks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

It is starting to look like the best the Pirates will be drafting from in 2022 is from the Number 3 slot. That will likely mean $2-3M less dollars than they had in 2021. That is a significant reduction that will inhibit some of the success they had in this years draft.
But hey…. We beat the DBacks in a series.
A big woo-hoo
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Forgive the ignorance, but what is LMG?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7D787F79717B627F7665636E170 wrote: Forgive the ignorance, but what is LMG?

League Minimum Guy.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2274627679637378756250777D71797C3E73100 wrote: Forgive the ignorance, but what is LMG?

League Minimum Guy. 

thanks for clarification. I was reading it as lefthanded mediocre guy and that didn't make any sense for the righthanded players.
shedman

Post by shedman »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: This is a game thread, not a nitpicky bash whomever thread.  If you guys want to do your old PMB shit, do as Bobster suggests in another thread, take it somewhere else. 

Fourth and fifth post in the thread bash a guy who's not even in the game.  Does bashing a player who's not even playing in the game belong in a GDT?  Seems like inconsistency in rules application. 

_______
We need a scorecard so that we know which players can be criticized and which can not.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I say this with all respect. I don't see mine and GW's little tete-a-tete as "that old PMB shit".

Though we have both acknowledged, and apologized, for hijacking threads, I don't see that's the case here either.

Polanco has been a lightning rod. So GW felt he was one of the better outfielders this season. I simply used a list of names, with everyone's WAR, to show him I disagreed with his assessment, and that was that.

I dare say, most GDT's are lacking much of ANY comment on the game aside myself and a couple other posters. Half the time, I wonder if anyone is even watching the game.

I also humbly submit, that when I am fully involved in a GDT, I provide some commentary and insight to those who can only follow the Bucs game on the gameday application on MLB. I provide a sense of what's going on. I say that with all humility because even back at the old PMB, I feel I was quite well known for my GDT commentary. People told me how much they appreciate not an exactly PBP diatribe, but comments about the game that don't always show up in other forms, especially radio and gameday.

I felt what GW and I had to say was relevant to the GDT, and I also think GW and I said what we had to say in a non-judgmental, non-condescending fashion.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Bashing the same player every game day thread gets really annoying, but I don't know that there's anything in the rules against that specifically.  Bashing one another though as board members is definitely against the rules.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's OK to bang on Joe Block, Derek Shelton, and Gregory Polanco.

Once I hit The Chosen One, the line is crossed.

As for Surg and my disagreement over Polanco Alternatives, I see little or even no appreciable difference. I wouldn't go out of my way to promote many. Most are "different shades," IMO.

This is Baseball. This is the only Label that it'll place on it.
There are going to be matters where fans hold different opinions.