Brian Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Reynolds is represented by CAA Sports.

Not that that should give anyone a sigh of relief.
fjk090852-7

Brian Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

271205050E3705050E0905600 wrote: Reynolds is represented by CAA Sports.

Not that that should give anyone a sigh of relief.
Thank you for the correction. I thought I read last year that Boras was his agent. I could have some hope that he may agree to a long term agreement.
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

I have that hope, too, but I really don't think that it's very likely.

BOB needs Reynolds more than Reynolds needs BOB. There are 29 non-BOBs for Reynolds to choose. I expect a Gerrit Cole outcome. I hold the hope that I'm wrong.
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

172926262C2522212C2C0825322F400 wrote:
But it was you who wrote that Polanco is a “great” player.

I was hoping it would be obvious that my tongue was firmly in my cheek throughout that whole post, but my hopes have been dashed.

On the other hand, I have no doubt Polanco is indeed "great" at certain things...
Well, he is great at stealing bases. ( of course, one has to get on base)
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B6E7979724B79797275791C0 wrote: I have that hope, too, but I really don't think that it's very likely.

BOB needs Reynolds more than Reynolds needs BOB.  There are 29 non-BOBs for Reynolds to choose.  I expect a Gerrit Cole outcome.  I hold the hope that I'm wrong.
I'm sure Reynolds welcomes these rumors. Probably can't wait to get the hell out of Pittsburgh
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

I don't know the guy, but that's probably not the case. Unless someone on here knows something that I don't, I wouldn't think that Reynolds has anything against Pittsburgh. The fans have been supportive of him.

Most players spend very little time in the city where they play. McCutchen and Walker are the exceptions. They lived in the area. Other players are in town for the season- six months- and travel to away gams for have of that. They can live anywhere they want.

Keep upping offers, and you'd be surprised how much guys like the city. If a Mario Lemieux can leave Quebec for The Burgh, anyone can grow to like it.

He might want to leave the Pirates. I don't know. But, that's not the same as wanting to leave the city.

Bobster21

Brian Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

4F7A6D6D665F6D6D66616D080 wrote: I don't know the guy, but that's probably not the case.  Unless someone on here knows something that I don't, I wouldn't think that Reynolds has anything against Pittsburgh.  The fans have been supportive of him.

Most players spend very little time in the city where they play.  McCutchen and Walker are the exceptions.  They lived in the area.  Other players are in town for the season- six months- and travel to away gams for have of that.  They can live anywhere they want.

Keep upping offers, and you'd be surprised how much guys like the city.  If a Mario Lemieux can leave Quebec for The Burgh, anyone can grow to like it.

He might want to leave the Pirates.  I don't know.  But, that's not the same as wanting to leave the city.
I think WD2 was referring to getting away from the Pirates, not the city. The Pirates offer nothing in the form of competitiveness to their players. And those who have the ability to earn big bucks will get good or better offers from other teams. The Pirates offer rookies and fringe players the chance to establish a career. But those who succeed have no incentive to remain with the Pirates any longer than is necessary.
GreenWeenie

Brian Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

Hell, WWD couldn't wait to leave Pittsburgh, himself!  That's why he's WWD and not ELD (East Liberty Dave).  :))

I think you're right- unfortunately.  I think we saw that with guys like Russell Martin leaving.  They at least made him an offer to stay.  In Reynolds' case, he is probably well aware of how he came to the team.  If the Pirates weren't going to do what it takes to keep an Andrew McCutchen longer than they did, then they sure as heck won't  do what it takes to keep him. unless he signs a similar team-friendly extension.
WildwoodDave2

Brian Reynolds

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

123F32232435226261500 wrote: I don't know the guy, but that's probably not the case.  Unless someone on here knows something that I don't, I wouldn't think that Reynolds has anything against Pittsburgh.  The fans have been supportive of him.

Most players spend very little time in the city where they play.  McCutchen and Walker are the exceptions.  They lived in the area.  Other players are in town for the season- six months- and travel to away gams for have of that.  They can live anywhere they want.

Keep upping offers, and you'd be surprised how much guys like the city.  If a Mario Lemieux can leave Quebec for The Burgh, anyone can grow to like it.

He might want to leave the Pirates.  I don't know.  But, that's not the same as wanting to leave the city.
I think WD2 was referring to getting away from the Pirates, not the city. The Pirates offer nothing in the form of competitiveness to their players. And those who have the ability to earn big bucks will get good or better offers from other teams. The Pirates offer rookies and fringe players the chance to establish a career. But those who succeed have no incentive to remain with the Pirates any longer than is necessary.
That's exactly what I meant Bobster. Also, as soon as I left East Liberty, it was completely remodeled :D
Bobster21

Brian Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

645A5F57445C5C577752455601330 wrote: I don't know the guy, but that's probably not the case.  Unless someone on here knows something that I don't, I wouldn't think that Reynolds has anything against Pittsburgh.  The fans have been supportive of him.

That's exactly what I meant Bobster. Also, as soon as I left East Liberty, it was completely remodeled  :D
That's all they were waiting for. ;D ;D ;D