Todd Frazier Opts Out

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Todd Frazier Opts Out

Post by fjk090852-7 »

In a surprising move Todd Frazier has opted out of his minor league contract. He is now a free agent.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Todd Frazier Opts Out

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I wonder if BC told him he wasn't going to make the team, allowing Frazier to have the chance to opt out in order to save him some embarrassment?
Ecbucs

Todd Frazier Opts Out

Post by Ecbucs »

6A3C2A3E312B3B303D2A183F35393134763B580 wrote: I wonder if BC told him he wasn't going to make the team, allowing Frazier to have the chance to opt out in order to save him some embarrassment? 

I think this is exactly what happened and it will be reported this way tomorrow.
Bobster21

Todd Frazier Opts Out

Post by Bobster21 »

4D6B6A7D6B7B080 wrote: I wonder if BC told him he wasn't going to make the team, allowing Frazier to have the chance to opt out in order to save him some embarrassment? 

I think this is exactly what happened and it will be reported this way tomorrow.
Per the PG:

Frazier was not expected to be part of the Pirates’ opening day roster because of other roster management decisions, the source added, so the 35-year-old (understandably) wanted the chance to make a major league club.

Starting Thursday, the Pirates had 48 hours to inform Frazier whether he would make the big club.
ArnoldRothstein

Todd Frazier Opts Out

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I don't know all the opt out rules: could they have traded him?